Technics SP-10---Show 'em off!

richamor

amateur house husband
It seems like everyone else has a thread and maybe this one does too I'm just to lazy to look. But I'm stuck in a motel room with nothing else to do and my SP project is "in process" for a while. So lets see some inspirational pictures so I can fantasize about what mine will look and sound like.

Here you go, can't leave you without a view of an SP10 Mk2:

IMG_0174.jpg

And here's mine.
IMGP5332.jpg

IMGP5333.jpg

IMGP5330.jpg

I've bought it from a local radiostation in The Netherlands. They purchased it just before they switched to digital, so it's in almost new-state condition.
The only thing i did is: changes C2,C4,C6 on the drive circuit board, and changed the stobe to LED. Tuned it with a scope and it's spinning like new. It had an under build MM RIAA designed by the N.O.S. What an amazing record player!

Sometimes I think we need a bigger like button. Hopefully I'll get my MK2 finished in a few months.

And here's mine.
IMGP5332.jpg

IMGP5333.jpg

IMGP5330.jpg

I've bought it from a local radiostation in The Netherlands. They purchased it just before they switched to digital, so it's in almost new-state condition.
The only thing i did is: changes C2,C4,C6 on the drive circuit board, and changed the stobe to LED. Tuned it with a scope and it's spinning like new. It had an under build MM RIAA designed by the N.O.S. What an amazing record player!
OK, now that tonearm is fascinating. What a great bonus with that nice SP. That thing resembles a Rek-O-Kut arm with a different counterweight, mated to a quasi Lencoish headshell. VERY cool...

Back
Top Bottom