Tekton Owners Thread

I am enjoying my Double Impact speaker a lot. Does anyone own or have heard Tekton Subwoofers? I am thinking of adding a subwoofer, but am not sure if I should look at SVS or Tekton.
I'm using an older Mirage BPS-400 and a newer HSU VTF-15H MK2 Subwoofer with my 4 Pendragon's. Properly set-up they should not bring attention to themselves. I like the HSU subwoofers and their products are a great value for the money. They have a very loyal customer following. I looked at many subs that are 3 or 4 times the price but I doubt they are 3 or 4 times better. Maybe, 5 to 10 percent if that. If that last 5 or so percent is important to you or you have lots of disposable income go for the higher priced spread. I would guess Eric's subs are a good value for the money. Paul McGowan of PS audio has a great video on subs here:
http://www.psaudio.com/askpaul/the-lowdown-on-subwoofers/

I am enjoying my Double Impact speaker a lot. Does anyone own or have heard Tekton Subwoofers? I am thinking of adding a subwoofer, but am not sure if I should look at SVS or Tekton.

I use an SVS PC-2000 with myou Pendragons and it keeps up with everything I throw at it.

Those with Pendragons, if I will have them close to a wall, would it be okay to plug the ports? Has anyone tried this? Or would it really compromise the sound quality if I did that?

Those with Pendragons, if I will have them close to a wall, would it be okay to plug the ports? Has anyone tried this? Or would it really compromise the sound quality if I did that?
Before I bought my Pendragons, I had the same concerns. At the time Eric offered an alternative with the ports in front. When I ordered I told him of my concerns and he still recommended the regular Pendragons. Not a problem close to a wall, my system sounds great.

Before I bought my Pendragons, I had the same concerns. At the time Eric offered an alternative with the ports in front. When I ordered I told him of my concerns and he still recommended the regular Pendragons. Not a problem close to a wall, my system sounds great.
So your Pen's are close to the wall and ports wide open? How close are they?

So your Pen's are close to the wall and ports wide open? How close are they?
Yes, ports are wide open. Fronts are about 18 inches and the rears are 6-8 inches. I would talk to Eric about your room and set-up. He may still offer the front port version. I'd go with his recommendations.

Yes, ports are wide open. Fronts are about 18 inches and the rears are 6-8 inches. I would talk to Eric about your room and set-up. He may still offer the front port version. I'd go with his recommendations.

I already own the Pendragons, I was contemplating selling them because of my new theater layout and them being so close to the wall. When all is said and done, probably 12 inches for me. I am going to try it first and see how I like it. I love my Pendragons and would be VERY sad to sell them.

Even though I have the mini ulfs on order the OB SIGMA really interest me.

I've been very interested as well but the one and only person shouting from the rooftops about them on pretty much every audio forum and also has a fake Facebook account seems to say the same thing over an over and I'm not buying it.

I have a pair of speakers I need to sell before I buy anymore so I might give them an in home audition over the winter.

I have the OB Sigmas and am very satisfied with them. I also have a pair of OB 4.5's and had a pair of OB 6.5's. The 6.5's were the first and I got hooked. I also have a pair of Hawthorne Audio Sterling Silver Iris open baffle speakers. I've pretty much sold all my box speakers in favor of the open baffle or hybrids. They work for me. I listen mainly to jazz and modern indie folk. They will do rock, but other models may be better. I've posted pics a ways back in the thread.

I just joined the club! Well, I'm in the initiation stage… Waiting for my Electrons to show up in about two weeks. I am pumped!

I just joined the club! Well, I'm in the initiation stage… Waiting for my Electrons to show up in about two weeks. I am pumped!

Congratulations " ELECTRONS " your gonna have one hell of a sweet spot..!!

What size woofers did you get, I heard Eric might change the woofers on the Electron..

Last edited:
Congratulations " ELECTRONS " your gonna have one hell of a sweet spot..!!

What size woofers did you get, I heard Eric might change the woofers on the Electron..

Talking to Eric last week, he was still slightly tweaking the final design. The new standard woofer size is 8 inch.

The idea of an 8" version has me drooling even more than his original design..My Seas Pendragon's are almost 1 year old, it's just too soon for me (WAF) to purchase another set of BaD Ass speakers (maybe next year) ..

Will you be running any subs..? Do you mind if I ask about the upstream equipment you'll be using..?

The idea of an 8" version has me drooling even more than his original design..My Seas Pendragon's are almost 1 year old, it's just too soon for me (WAF) to purchase another set of BaD Ass speakers (maybe next year) ..

Will you be running any subs..? Do you mind if I ask about the upstream equipment you'll be using..?

My intention is to go sub-less...we shall see if there is enough low-end oomph to allow this.
The DI's are just too deep/wide for my small audio room and their location next to a door opening.

I am running a Rouge Audio Atlas Magnum amp.
Auralic Altair pre-amp/DAC, using an internal SSD for flac/dsf. Also have Tidal.

I already own the Pendragons, I was contemplating selling them because of my new theater layout and them being so close to the wall. When all is said and done, probably 12 inches for me. I am going to try it first and see how I like it. I love my Pendragons and would be VERY sad to sell them.

My Pendragons are 9" from the wall toed in 1". They actually sounded best this close to the wall.
I totally wouldn't worry about it.

My Pendragons are 9" from the wall toed in 1". They actually sounded best this close to the wall.
I totally wouldn't worry about it.

Believe it or not, that is exactly how I have mine setup.

Question for you (or for anyone)...how would you recommend I place them on a hardwood floor? Rubber mat, piece of carpet, styrofoam or straight on the floor with nothing in between?

I used the spikes stuck into these felt bottomed chair leg things. Can't remember what they were called but I got them at Lowe's.

IMG_20170924_115652526.jpg

I have the OB Sigmas and am very satisfied with them. I also have a pair of OB 4.5's and had a pair of OB 6.5's. The 6.5's were the first and I got hooked. I also have a pair of Hawthorne Audio Sterling Silver Iris open baffle speakers. I've pretty much sold all my box speakers in favor of the open baffle or hybrids. They work for me. I listen mainly to jazz and modern indie folk. They will do rock, but other models may be better. I've posted pics a ways back in the thread.

I had the OB 4.5 for awhile and really liked them. But that was before I discovered I could build OB's and use better drivers than Eric.

Back
Top Bottom