Tekton Owners Thread

Welcome to the forum Rick. I would take Eric suggestion as no one knows his speakers better. I'm thinking he chose the Pendragons for you based on rock being your favorite music. They'll also save you $1000. Having said that I absolutely love my DI's and you'd be hard pressed beating its performance. Terry Londons review of the DI's comes out tomorrow at hometheaterreview.com. It's a glowing review and he liked the DI's so much he bought them. On another forum I was surprised to hear that Terry doesn't like the Pendragon. Different strokes for different folks. I had he Enzo's before the DI's and can't imagine there's a Tekton speaker I wouldn't like. I don't think you can wrong with either speaker and even though I love the the DI I would go with Eric's suggestion. Good luck

mac48025, thanks for your response, I think I will go for the Pendragon. The Double Impact would be a great way to go, but like you said it's $1,000.00 more.

OK All- New Lore owner in the past week and I need recommendation to be sure I am setting this right and hearing or not hearing sounds the way I am. I have done tons of research and familiar with the sound of Axiom M60, Pioneer BSR22. HTD Level 3's and Elac B6.

I do not claim ultimate knowledge on all things Hi FI. Just a desire to get the sound that I like for the best value per component or increased dollar spent!
Initially I assumed the 98dB sensitivity of the Lore would mean I would have to just slightly move the volume control to get a major increase in loudness. 9 o'clock is my listen standard position. Not the case with the Lores.. In fact I seem to have to move volume further to 10 or 11 o'clock to get what seems similar volume of my old speakers. So any thoughts on placement, break in (how long do I really NEED to give it and do I just leave system playing continually? Are break in CDs worth it?

Initially starting the Lores up I did notice the more "presence" and concert feel but I seem to be missing something. I will say anything live does feel like I'm right there for example Alice in Chains Unplugged disk. WOW. I just want to know if my way older 91 dB Dalquists Ca2/W2 tower combo have the advantage of woofer break in over the past 20 years! Maybe the multiple drivers and detail of these Dalquists have conditioned my hearing.

Specs of old Dalquist Preludes-6ohm, 91 dB sensitivity, freq resp.30Hz-20Hz, modules are lead shot filled and weight a TON. 5 drivers: 1 tweet ferrofluid- 2 6'poly midwoofer,(top monitor)and 2-8'poly woofer ( on the base stands)
Current set up: Parasound A21 Halo amp, Parasound 2100 Classic Pre, Streaming Tidal thru older Marantz NA7004 DAC/streamerand a Nakamichi MB1 CD player, Kimber PBJ interconnects, Monoprice 12awg speaker wire. I did in wall wiring and have speaker posts built in wall throughout my man cave in order to hook and changeup speakers and placement distance with quick banana connects found today..

I am looking for that crisp high coupled with tight bass( the in your chest punch from mid bass) and open mid range sound. I rarely blast and like the full detail at LOW volumes and the primary reason I went Texton.
Considered Zu and Klipsch for other options.

I still believe -----just maybe not setting up for max effect or I need a different Texton model!

Minimum 50 hours for them to open up. I have a pair of the similar Lore S. Give them time.

Just finished reading the review for the DIs... It is a glowing review indeed! I already had a little DI envy... but I love my Pens, so I guess I'll have to live with them :) I think Eric is about to get a lot busier!

Quite a review indeed. It was nice having a professional describe what I couldn't properly describe. The DI's have all the audiophile attributes in spades but what I think sets them apart is what Terry London described as their "aliveness". It's a perfect description as they really bring music to life. That's an attribute all Tektons seem to have but the DI's take it up a notch.

Don't expect sympathy for having the "lowly" Pendragons, Pdyebrasil! They are great speakers. If you want to hear what they're fully capable of try a seperate amp. I'm not knocking the Integra receiver and realize seperate components aren't always preferable or doable, but receivers are limited with their output and the Pendragons will translate every improvement in upstream components that you can provide.

Don't expect sympathy for having the "lowly" Pendragons, Pdyebrasil! They are great speakers. If you want to hear what they're fully capable of try a seperate amp. I'm not knocking the Integra receiver and realize seperate components aren't always preferable or doable, but receivers are limited with their output and the Pendragons will translate every improvement in upstream components that you can provide.

I hear ya! I know that I am limiting the Pens potential w/the Integra, so my next upgrade will be to buy a new Pre/Pro and Amp. I'm sure it'll make a big difference. Plus, so far my Pens are the best speakers I have heard. I'm very happy with them. It's just this darn upgrade bug that comes around every so often :)

It's just possible you might prefer the Pendragons over the DI's, especially for home theater. If you go with seperate shout Pendragons will reward you and any thoughts of changing them will disappear.

Now I am really in a dilemma! After reading the review by Terry London on the Double Impact, I cant decide between the Pendragon and DI. Do you think there is a big difference in the sound between the two? There is a $1000 difference, any opinions or thoughts concerning this? I wish I could listen to them both before buying, but that's not possible.

Now I am really in a dilemma! After reading the review by Terry London on the Double Impact, I cant decide between the Pendragon and DI. Do you think there is a big difference in the sound between the two? There is a $1000 difference, any opinions or thoughts concerning this? I wish I could listen to them both before buying, but that's not possible.

That question is so subjective, 100 people will have 500 answers. I like to keep it simple so I will say the following. Are DIs “better” than PDs? Yes, if your equipment is sensitive enough to detect the changes in sound clarity, imaging and if your music library is light on R&R and heavy on Jazz, classical music and vocals. If it's the other way around, pocket the $1,000 and go with the dragons. Both speakers share the same heritage so for pop, rock, punk, electronic and similar (“loud”) music, dragons will be more than sufficient if not better, imho.

Last edited:
Naimstar, thanks for the reply. I appreciate your opinion, it makes a lot of sense and looking at the music I listen to most, as well as the extra cost, I think the Pendragons are my best choice. I can use the savings to take my wife on a vacation!

Great advise naimster. Since Eric also suggested the Pendragons for you Rick, I think it's a safe bet they are the speaker for you. Or you could wait for the Double Impact SE Eric is working on.......a cost no objective DI that should sell between $6-10K ;)

Just wanted to chime in. I've been listening to allot of rock on my DI's. Everything from Rush, Metallica, Ozzy, Dio, Even Viking death metal. And it sounds AMAZING. Eric has stated that the Double impacts "do everything better". Its a game changing design. kick forward the extra bucks and go for the king! I have only one regret and its that my listening room isn't larger. If Eric is working on a no holds barred version of the DI's, I better start saving.

Last edited:
Just wanted to chime in. I've been listening to allot of rock on my DI's. Everything from Rush, Metallica, Ozzy, Dio, Even Viking death metal. And it sounds AMAZING. Eric has stated that the Double impacts "do everything better". Its a game changing design. kick forward the extra bucks and go for the king! I have only one regret and its that my listening room isn't larger. If Eric is working on a no holds barred version of the DI's, I better start saving.
What is your upstream gear?

I'm saving up too, Audio Gorn. The upcoming Double Impact SE, a costs no object DI with a projected price of $6-10k, should be incredible. The DI's are already unbelievable and I wonder how much Eric can improve upon them. Something tells me he will pull another miracle out of his hat. Can you imagine what his top of the line PMD for $40k will sound like? I can't even imagine.

I'm saving up too, Audio Gorn. The upcoming Double Impact SE, a costs no object DI with a projected price of $6-10k, should be incredible. The DI's are already unbelievable and I wonder how much Eric can improve upon them. Something tells me he will pull another miracle out of his hat. Can you imagine what his top of the line PMD for $40k will sound like? I can't even imagine.

I was wondering the same thing, maybe it will be more exotic drivers custom made by SEAS. Or a cross between the 1812 and the double impacts.

Back
Top Bottom