Tell me about your vodka infusions

tnmike1

AK Member
Would like to try vodka infusions but don't know where to start. Anyone have some good recipes to share?

I made Limoncello using this recipe: https://www.dadcooksdinner.com/sous-vide-limoncello/. I used 151 proof Everclear, but you can use Vodka. It turned out really well. Everyone who had some raved about it. I also infuse Tequila with a combination of orange, lime, lemon zest, and a couple of sprigs of rosemary. You can do the same with Vodka, there are a lot of recipes on line.

-Dave

Every Christmas. I make some kind of liquor for friends and family. The easiest is a recipe where you place Jolly Ranchers in bottles and let the vodka dissolve them over a few days. Looks really festive and taste good. I've also done starlight mints that way.

I usually do at least one batch of this holiday liquor.

http://www.liquor.com/articles/make-your-own-holiday-liqueur/

Taste real good in egg nog and especially in flips.

Last year I mixed a few things and made a "Irish Cream" tasty concoction. Everyone really like that.

• 6 oz Heavy cream
  • 1 (14-oz) can Sweetened condensed milk
  • 14 oz Irish whiskey (or other whiskey)
  • 1 tbsp Instant coffee granules
  • 2 tbsp Chocolate syrup (such as Monin)
PREPARATION:
Add all the ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend briefly until fully mixed. Pour into clean bottles, seal and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 months.

Tasty stuff.

Brown on the left is the holiday liquor. Color stuff is the Jolly Rancher vodka.

image.jpeg

Last edited:
I just run a IV from the bottle to my wrist. Isn't that how everyone does it?

I made the limoncello last winter. Sweetened with morena sugar and honey. It's quite good.

Enjoy

Eric

I make pepper vodka every now and then. No real complex recipe. Open a liter, stick in two or three whole cayenne peppers and a half-tsp. of whole black peppercorns. Leave it sit for a week or so then strain it off.

Was on various sites but was wondering what everyone here was doing. So do you use a good vodka like Stoli or Russian Standard or something inexpensive since you are diluting and changing the vodka initial flavor

I've been using Tito's for pretty much everything vodka.

Used to like that too then I heard they got so big they altered the recipe. Now trying Dripping Springs...also Texas corn based...and Wheatley made by the bourbon distiller Elijah Craig. Still there's something about a Russian vodka...Polish too

Dunno. I don't have an old bottle and a new bottle to compare.

However, I did just compare a relatively recent bottle of Tito's to J. Carver. The J. Carver is made about 100 miles from where I live.

Based on this comparison I'd still have no problem recommending Tito's as a good vodka, but I think the J. Carver beats it by a little bit.

Dunno. I don't have an old bottle and a new bottle to compare.

However, I did just compare a relatively recent bottle of Tito's to J. Carver. The J. Carver is made about 100 miles from where I live.

Based on this comparison I'd still have no problem recommending Tito's as a good vodka, but I think the J. Carver beats it by a little bit.

Seems there are more and more "craft" vodkas on the market. St Augustine vodka produced in FL and Wheatley vodka produced by bourbon maker Basil Hayden to name two. It's easy to make, requires no aging and can be distilled from a variety of materials . Some are good others not. Still an interesting evolution in the distilled spirits industry

Back
Top Bottom