Tell Us Something That Happened To You That Made You Feel Very Old.

Taking a day class this semester. It's a core class, so everyone else was 18. I haven't been 18 since 1987-8. I switched to an eve class.

Day, evening, it didn't matter. When I attended the local college a few years ago, it was the same. Some of the instructors were younger than me. Some fellow students seemed like my own kids. Yet due to our bad local economic situation, there were a lot of us from the 30s and upward in there for training.

All of them were...umm...middle aged. I looked at my better half and said, "Do you think that U2 concert would be full of 'old geezers' like us?"
Old geezers like Bono (57) and the Edge (56)?

Attachments

• upload_2017-9-6_20-9-23.jpeg
    upload_2017-9-6_20-9-23.jpeg
    3.9 KB · Views: 19
    1.6 KB · Views: 18
    1.6 KB · Views: 16
    1.5 KB · Views: 22
The tread mill test at the cardiologist.
Good thing the nurse was there to help break my fall when it was over.

It happened a couple of years ago. Heading out to work, about to get in the car, had to dash back into the house, up the stairs, into the bedroom. Wife, still abed, asks why I'm back. I had to confess - "I forgot my teeth and glasses".

Bad enough needing them, but when you forget them, you know you're really getting past it.

Somewhere around 12-15 years ago, a coworker told me I sounded like a 50-60 something old guy (I'll be 44 this year!). I have a bad habit of saying "I remember when" or "when I was a kid." It's just something that comes natural. At least he didn't say I LOOKED that age!

"Tell Us Something That Happened To You That Made You Feel Very Old."

I looked in the mirror. :eek:

On the plus side...I'm still cute! :thumbsup:

Was out recently with a group of people and one guy referred to me in a non-joking way as, "middle aged." I immediately felt my need to dispute that comment and in a split second did the math on my age and realized, to my complete deflation, that I was technically probably beyond middle aged cause it is highly unlikely I'll live to twice my current age.

I also get oddly angry when listening to the classic rock radio station and they play things like Def Leppard and Motley Crue on that station. Classic rock should be a genre of music from the 60's and 70's, not a damn sliding scale.

My company posts our employment anniversaries for all to see. I was coming up on my 23rd anniversary with the company. One day I am working on a PC and these 2 young women are talking to each other without realizing I am within ear shot. The one says to the other, "Hey did you see the anniversary sheet?" The other says, "Yeah, why?" The first girl replies, "I was 2 when Mike started working here." It was like someone punched me right in my aging prostate.

When I realized that Charles Osgood, who'd replaced Charles Kuralt, had retired after 22 years. Didn't seem like that long ago that Kuralt was retiring . . .

I saw my Doc again today about my back. I asked him if it was okay to do squats with light weight, 40 kilos or so.

He said that´s not light; you´re 52, not 22 :(

th

Some years ago ... when a fellow co-worker & me (same age) were talking about Mr Ed ... the talking horse ...
WiLLLLLL - Ber ... another co-worker had no idea what we were talking about ... she was 15 years younger than us at the time.

Mr Ed was on independent TV stations when we were kids ... she had never seen the
show.

Last edited:
You know you're really old if someone asks if you're wearing your BVDs...and you know what they're talking about!

Back
Top Bottom