Temporary Forum Closures to Guests

Wardsweb

Behind The Curtain
Staff member
Admin
To lighten the server load until we move to a bigger faster server in the near future, most all the individual forums will be closed to guests periodically. Other features like searches and member info will also be closed. Members will still have access to these areas. Of couse, any guest who wishes to sign up as a new member will automatically be given access.

It ain't working. AK still running at a snails pace or times out. I wonder if its something on the servers end such as Maintenance or something.

I had to disable some functions just to be able to get into AK. For now you folks with have to live with it.

Which features, Grump?

BTW, my first attempt to access AK came back with the "message boards down for maintenance" message. Curiously, while I obviously can access AK now, I get the following message at the top of every AK page:

Warning: stat failed for /proc/loadavg (errno=13 - Permission denied) in /home/www/audiokarma/forums/global.php on line 192

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/www/audiokarma/forums/global.php:192) in /home/www/audiokarma/forums/admin/functions.php on line 1707

Normal, given the circumstances? :scratch2:

(BTW, I use Mozilla 1.6. I haven't tried it in IE6.)

Best of luck with the improvements, but don't let that Bob Vila take any credit for it! ;)

Cheers.
:beerchug:
-AlphaLima

These errors are caused by a program we're running to have the forums software automatically run a check on the server load and adjust accordingly. As long as it's running fast, this is a temporary and small price to pay.

A trivial oddity, at worst. Below the message, the AK page appears in its entirety and both loads and acts quite normally. My high-speed (cable) connection shows no discernable lag in site performance, now that I'm able to access it.

Thanks for all your hard work, guys! ;)

Cheers.
-AlphaLima

Commodore? Are you sure it wasn't a Univac?! :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Pity if it wasn't. I'm sure Wardsweb would've loved all those toobs! ;)

BTW, I have found one more odd behavior of the forum. On the list of threads, in each forum, whenever I click on "Last page," on a thread with many pages (more than 4), I get a page with only this, a variation of what appears at the top of every page, and nothing else:

Warning: stat failed for /proc/loadavg (errno=13 - Permission denied) in /home/www/audiokarma/forums/global.php on line 192

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/www/audiokarma/forums/global.php:192) in /home/www/audiokarma/forums/admin/functions.php on line 1707

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/www/audiokarma/forums/global.php:192) in /home/www/audiokarma/forums/showthread.php on line 117

It's only a little annoying. It just means I have to make a few more clicks to get to the page I want. I'm sure it's just a temporary anomaly, like the others. I just thought it prudent to notify the powers that be. ;)

Cheers.
-AlphaLima

speed ok

Speeds fine actually faster now for my machine. . . .

But I do miss the pics. . . . Always fun to check out new finds. . . Can we post little pics or very small file size like under 50k or something. . .?:????

Guy

Not much we can do as far as uploading even small pics. However the new server should be coming very soon. It will be nice to have things back to "normal" ;)

grumpy

Originally posted by grumpy
Guy

However the new server should be coming very soon. It will be nice to have things back to "normal" ;)

grumpy

Curious....

I thought we just got a new server a few months ago :dunno: ??

Did we out grow it that fast ???

Regards
Army

Army

Yep we out grew the server is a mere 9 months !

In the past few months we have had more growth then in the past 2 years. Something we definitely were not prepared for.

grumpy

I've noticed new members the last few days, are these people referred by other members or are the server problems getting somewhat straightened out?

I would think a big percentage of the new members are joining because they had to just to view the forums. A change we had to make in order to cut down on bandwidth.

Grumpy

Back
Top Bottom