tentoze

tentoze

Twangophile
I haven't been here since the beginning, but I got here as quick as I could.

I'm a curmudgeonly old coot who carries a bad reputation with some here, as well as elsewhere.

My work carries me to odd places around the world, and to be home is my holiday.

My focus in the AK realm of things is music, and always has been. It's why I first came here- to talk about music with other folks who share my passion.

The means to reproduce that music in a fashion that speaks to me drives my equipment. I don't share the exclusive vintage fetish of many here, and don't have a million dollar system, but what I have, I'm happy with:

Manley Stingray integrated tube amplifier
Shahinian Obelisk loudspeakers
Denon DCD-1700 cd player
HK T-60 tt/ with Denon Dl-160 cartridge

There's a second system in the living room with a Denon POA-2200, BEZ tube pre, Dahlquist DQ-20 loudspeakers, 2 Denon cd players, but it isn't even plugged in right now. I have an apartment out back that has too much old gear stored unused.

Classic rock finds no place in my house, for the most part. A lot of my music is twangy, but not all. My music keeps me tethered, sometimes only tenuously, to the rest of the world.

AK is an important part of my life, and I thank the folks who keep it going for putting up with me.

Thanks for the intro. We have spoken a few times and I have enjoyed your posts as well. Thanks for the mod work too. Watch out for carpel.

Vito

Looks around... looks around again...

Wait a second . . . is this AK or AA...? :scratch2:

Personally, I enjoy your quick wit and I wish could take a tour through your music collection someday... :yes:

Enjoyed reading this post.

I think you have more fans here than you know.

Cheers, Snade

i've only been here a short while and have admired your wisdom and style. so far... And you've got the coolest avatar bar none.

Great guy...just don't f***k with him or "your outta here"......:D
I have enjoyed our limited exposure and share the same passions regarding music. Toze has hooked me up with a bunch of great "new to me" music and that's no easy task just ask those round' these parts....
Glad to have you as friend......

Bill

I've always enjoyed your straight up comments. Truely entertaining and enlighting to say the least. :thmbsp:
- Mike

For some reason I want to like him, but it's like there is this subliminal thing going on telling me I should hate him.

Hey, I always liked George Sanders.

memoire-dune-fripouille.jpg

Back
Top Bottom