Terry's HT/Stereo (Warning, lots of Carver content).....

Very observant! I recently sent the monoblocks to "Rita's" for refurb. While in the shop, Bob Carver was kind enough to sign the units.

The pictures where the amps are unsigned are a little older.

Terry

Cool! I noticed the others did not have the sig and wondered about that too. I really like that system.

Thanks everyone!

Why are Carver products controversial?

It's a long story but Carver has been considered, by some, to be inferior due to it's lower price point when compared to competition. There's also a history with Stereo Review magazine. Wayyyy to much to type, a quick search will yield results.

How do the AL-III's compare to the Amazings?

The AL-IIIs really hold their own until you get down in the lower bass area. They are a steal at the current $300-600 range. I am the original owner and I paid quite a bit more when I bought them, a long time ago.

What a wimpy system. Only 580WPC for the fronts?:D

All I can say is WOW!!! Really nice looking system and the speakers are amazing. I bet that system really sings.

Love to see a pull-back photo that gets the whole system at once (sort of feel the overall effect of all those amps and the fronts).

I'm not familiar with Carver other than the name and I have no idea why it would be "controversial." Looks like a winner to me.:thmbsp:
:music:Wil

Can do: (disregard the gate, it is temporary...

DSC02148a.jpg

Terry

Wow! I didn't notice the autograph. How cool is that? What a classy thing for Bob Carver to do.:thmbsp:

:music:Will

I like Carver stuff. Never could afford it. I like how the Carver Amazing Loudspeakers look. I think your the second person on AK who has them.

Congratulations on your very cool setup Terry, great crystal clear pictures too. :thmbsp:

From the looks of the AL's I thought they might be a nice sounding speaker. There is a pair for sale locally but at a much higher price.

I bet the Amazing's sound, well..... Amazing. I can only imagine with 4 12" woofers. Great looking system! Have you considered any room treatments such as a rug or wall hangings?

I just noticed that Bob signed your amps when you had them in for refurb. Very cool!

Thanks everyone!

It's a long story but Carver has been considered, by some, to be inferior due to it's lower price point when compared to competition. There's also a history with Stereo Review magazine. Wayyyy to much to type, a quick search will yield results.

The AL-IIIs really hold their own until you get down in the lower bass area. They are a steal at the current $300-600 range. I am the original owner and I paid quite a bit more when I bought them, a long time ago.

Can do: (disregard the gate, it is temporary...

DSC02148a.jpg

Terry

Sweet! Very nice set up.

I bet the Amazing's sound, well..... Amazing. I can only imagine with 4 12" woofers. Great looking system! Have you considered any room treatments such as a rug or wall hangings?

Well, that's a frustrating story. We had a beautiful hand-stitched Persian rug that was very expensive, over a grand. It fit well within the space too. Well, our 6-month old German Shepherd chewed a nice hole right in the middle of the rug. Dog is still alive but we wanted to, uh, strangle it, we were so disappointed.

I have a very large oil painting on the wall opposite the TV. Seats, sofa, etc softens the room a bit but we need to get something else on the floor.

BR,
Terry

Last edited:
Well, that's a frustrating story. We had a beautiful hand-stitched Persian rug that was very expensive, over a grand. It fit well within the space too. Well, our 6-month old German Shepherd chewed a nice hole right in the middle of the rug. Dog is still alive but we wanted to, uh, strangle it, we were so disappointed.

I have a very large oil painting on the wall opposite the TV. Seats, sofa, etc softens the room a bit but we need to get something else on the floor.

BR,
Terry

LOL! It's what puppies do. Sorry for the loss of the rug.

Nice system!!
Autographed Silver 9t's??? Now that's cool! Can we see a close up of that?

I owned a pair back in the day, along with their tube counterparts. It makes me miss my carver stuff.

Very nice!!

Nice system!!
Autographed Silver 9t's??? Now that's cool! Can we see a close up of that?

I owned a pair back in the day, along with their tube counterparts. It makes me miss my carver stuff.

Very nice!!

esplane, you had a silver7 tube amp?:D

Terry, have you found the carver sites?

Back
Top Bottom