Thank You !

grumpy

Krusty old SOB! Yes, I own Audiokarma
Staff member
Admin
Sponsor
Subscriber
I am so tired but i need to make this post.

AK Fest 2005 has come to completion and there are so many people i want to thank.

Without all our great members there would be no AK or AK Fest. Meeting our members reconfirms why I nearly kill myself to hold this event. You guys are worth it and I am proud to call you my friends !

Every single vendor that attended !! Without them how would we ever learn that there is more great gear out there to learn about and listen too.

Tim, Steph and Luther. Who without their help there would be no Fest for sure !

Lastly my Family. My Wife Nancy as well as my kids Matt, Jen and Lacie . I can say with all certainty the fest never would have happened without them.

My family does not share the same interests as me and I know they all worked their fingers to the bone over the past several weeks. Why ? Because they know how much this site means to me. I just want to tell all of them I love and appreciate you and all the help you guys were over the past many weeks !

Dave

Uh-oh... I feel a group hug coming on! :D

And of course a big THANK YOU to the folks who keep
AK going and to you and yours for a job well done! :banana:

Scott

Well I feel really lucky to be the first to pop in and say what really needs to be said, Yes everyone that you mentioned deserve a great THANK YOU!

But the most important thank you should go to YOU !!!!!!!!!!

Craig

PS but your still a grump ;)

Mrs R2R and I would also like to thank Grumpy and Nancy,Matt,Jen,and Lacie...And also Kamikiri and Mrs Kam.....for all the hard work that they put into making the event happen..and It was the 'event of the year!'...

We would like to thank all the Vendors ..who brought all the marvelous geer to the fest...It was fantastic to see and hear their wares......

And All the members from near ...and far... who attended...it was great to see all of you ...

And a 'special' thank you to Punker X.. and Andyman...who helped me out with the few parts that I forgot !! without which I would not have been able to parcipate!!...

Hats off to all of you!!...Everybody give them a hand!!!!!!!
(Sound of large audience aplauding!)

Last edited:
I agree, the fest was a LARGE undertaking no doubt. My hats off to Grumpy, Nancy(great food, great talker), Jen and Lacie (the largest recipients of my $$ for raffles), Matt (should have talked to her Matt!!), Stephanie (for good coffee and everything else), and Tim. You are all top notch in my book, hope I can return the generosity that you have all shown to me.

I had a great time and met quite a few of you, and all that I met were fantastic. Craig, thanks for the tunes to go with the beverages Friday night!! Bob

I, too, want to extend my thanks to all the hard-working people who brought us AKFest 2005. A great time was had by all, even those of us who could only make it for one day. It really was comfortable, even thoughit was the first time I had seen, or spoken to, in person, many of the attendees. Still seemed like family.

Thanks, too to all the generous donors who filled the prize table with great stuff, including Dr. Strangelove. Thanks, so much, Doc. That gear is going to look great in my office.

Thanks, to YOU, Grumpy. For all you grumble and moan about stuff, NOBODY cares more about making sure that everything is done the right way, and that nothing gets overlooked. Without you, there would have been no Fest.

Thank you, my friend.

I can't begin to express my gratitude to Dave and his family, Tim and Steph and everyone else that put so much work into this thing.

I had an absolute fantastic time and I truly appreciate all the effort that was put into it. Seeing all you guys in person absolutely reconfirms why this place is so great. It's the people that make this place so great.

In general, the systems sounded great.

Grumpy, Once again all of you did an outstanding job, I was dead tired after attending Saturday only, I can't imagine how tired you guys are because you spent weeks and months on this!! Your son did a careful and outstanding job hauling my Altec A7's around, he said he learned to be careful after scratching one of your vintage unit faceplates last year, I also felt comfortable swearing in front of him at the elevator doors that kept closing, he said you might have said some things like that in the past!! Thanks again for a great time, Craig, I loved jamming on your tube gear all day, it was real treat, hope we can all do it again next year, Dave.

I had a great time, I'll admit that I was a little intimidated at first, so much outstanding equipment, each room having something unique. Everyone I spoke with was friendly, knowledgeable, and informative. You should all be proud of your efforts.

To Tim, Dave, and Luther, and all the family members who pitched in...

Folks, since I've attended both of these events, I know how much bigger this one was than last year. And, since I used to do big meetings and conventions in my previous life, I know exactly how much work this takes, and over how many months of preparation.

Thank you for a great job, and for all the dedication that it took!

The downside is that I spent WAAAYYYY too much money in the Elusive Disk room!

Thanks to everyone who took the trouble to hump all that gear up 12 floors! I already told Tim that I promise I'll bring some stuff next year! It's the least I could do!

Thanks to Craig for helping me brainstorm through what that extra circuit board was doing in my 400!

And, finally, a huge thanks to Luther for the beautiful job he did in meticulously building the Bottlehead Foreplay pre-amp that I won in the raffle. It made it home sitting in the front seat of my car so I could keep an eye on it!

I'll be back next year! :thmbsp:

Clay

How many of us can say the same thing?

Grump, Luther, Kam, all yous guys and quite a bit of your families did TONS of work that really came together. I learned a lot, met a lot of great people, it was a GREAT weekend. I'm already planning on attending the next fest - maybe in July Grump? :rofl:

Thanks a million! :thmbsp:

Pete

A heart-felt thanks to all who helped make the AK fest a great event. I was unable to attend last year, but am very glad I had the opportunity to display my speakers at this year's event.

I've attended a few shows in the past, but this one was really unique. It felt like a famiy re-union. I met some really great people and had a wonderful time.

Thanks to everyone who stopped by to say hello and spend some time. Now its back to building...

- Jim

I have to echo all of the positive comments as well!

Lots of great equipment, but more importantly lots of great people!!! :thmbsp:

Everyone I talked to was extremely warm and friendly.... unfortunately I probably only really managed to talk to less than a third of the folks that were there :thumbsdn:

A very remarkable group of individuals!

I hope to have an opportunity to attend next year....

All of the organizers and exhibitors deserve a lot of credit for their hard work in making this event a success..... but especially Grumpy and his whole family, Mr & Mrs. Kamakiri, and Wardsweb.

Grumpy et all the administators, THANK YOU, from both Rachee and i THANK YOU!!!!!! you guys absolutely rock, what a fantastic show, and organized to the hilt!!! It was great that you you all took the time to set something like this up for us, to put a name to a face, to show off our gear and drool over others ( not on it.......) even though the gear was outta this world it was the people that made this show the outstanding success that it was!!!! Hell it was there that the beast found its soul mate ( thanks Mike.....) speaking of the beast..... I had a chance to sit and speak to the infamous Echowars and pick his brains a bit ( man, what a treat that was, can't wait for next year......) thanks Glen!!!! Anyhow, gotta get back to work?( gotta pay for my new toys.....) I humblY, hat in hands, kneel down the ADMINS at AK!!!!!

p.s. when and where for next year--I'M IN!!!!

Let me add my thanks too. Very cool event.

A word to anyone who was thinking about coming, but didn't. Don't be at all intimidated. This was my first year, and I:

a) didn't know anyone
b) don't have great technical knowledge about gear
c) didn't have a lot of money to spend (ie, I wasn't looking to buy any gear),

and I still had a good time. Looking forward to next year.

Jim

Jim H B said:
Let me add my thanks too. Very cool event.

A word to anyone who was thinking about coming, but didn't. Don't be at all intimidated. This was my first year, and I:

a) didn't know anyone
b) don't have great technical knowledge about gear
c) didn't have a lot of money to spend (ie, I wasn't looking to buy any gear),

and I still had a good time. Looking forward to next year.

Jim

No kidding, what an easygoing bunch, and the systems set up - everything from top of the line to systems easy on the budget, vinyl to mp3s. I can't imagine any other audio group would "tolerate" such diversity, let alone encourage it.

Non attendees, make the next one a top priority!

Pete

Thanks Dave&Family

I know I wasn't there but it looks like everyone had fun [or should have!]. Thanks for all your efforts, along with your family. I'm sure this wouldn't be possible without all the "behind the scenes" stuff that may go unnoticed. And of course, for Tim[&Mrs. Tim] and Luther for their usual excellant job. MikE

I'm almost home...

For me this was a 5 day event...I left home thursday morning and won't make it back home until late this evening.....but it was well worth it. Heard some great gear, heard some great music and met some incredible people. The organization was superb, one minute there is lunch allover the counter in the lounge and the next it is gone and all cleaned up. It's hard to beleive that only a handfull of people can be so efficient. Some specific folks I have to thank include all the moderators for keeping AK a going concern, Ernie for the rides to/from Windsor, All the Grumpys for all that they did, Steph for selling me so many tickets and always with a smile,....but the biggest thank you to Dave for giving it his all to make sure everyone was taken care of and for making it all possible.

I'm already thinking about a shipping crate for the next event I attend because I want a system there too.

Thanks again to everyone involved.

Ken

It was a great time.

So many great ideas and new music to pursue. They Buddy Rich Mel Torme LP I heard was very rare and in amazing shape.

My sons got a chance to see more than what Dad sneaks inthe door at home.

My son Matt had his new speakers in place from the used sale at lunch in less than 15 minutesafter we arrived home and went to sleep to them.

Music is a family bond as well as the anti drug for the Flynns.

Thanks Grumpy

and thanks to Craig for turning me on to your group.

AF, it was a real pleasure to hear that LP on your system. I am so glad you enjoyed it. Nice to meet you, hope to see you next time.

Back
Top Bottom