Thank You !

Discussion in 'AK Fest 2005' started by Grumpy, Apr 10, 2005.

1. Audio Flynn

Audio Flynn New Member

It was a great time.

So many great ideas and new music to pursue. They Buddy Rich Mel Torme LP I heard was very rare and in amazing shape.

My sons got a chance to see more than what Dad sneaks inthe door at home.

My son Matt had his new speakers in place from the used sale at lunch in less than 15 minutesafter we arrived home and went to sleep to them.

Music is a family bond as well as the anti drug for the Flynns.

Thanks Grumpy

and thanks to Craig for turning me on to your group.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. luvvinvinyl

luvvinvinyl Aggie! Staff Member Admin Subscriber

AF, it was a real pleasure to hear that LP on your system. I am so glad you enjoyed it. Nice to meet you, hope to see you next time.

3. botrytis

botrytis Trying not to be a Small Speaker Hoarder Subscriber

I am glad the Avids found a good home!! It was great to see you again. Let me know what he thinks of those speakers.

Dave

4. aystrick

aystrick Active Member

had a great time

Many thanks for those who worked so hard to make AK fest such a great event. I met some really super folks. I had no idea there would be so much food, good job! A special thanks to Tim for Marantz parts unit. Thank you Glen for repair tips. We came up all the way from Charlotte, NC...well worth the trip! I'd do it again most definately. I'm proud to be a part of Audiokarma.

5. dmax99

dmax99 Lookin' For Live

I would also like to thank everyone involved with putting this all together.It was a very special event for me just wandering from room to room ,spending time listening to all the different ways to reproduce music.Talking to everyone. I really hope that this remains an annual event,its great to get together and share the love of music.Thanks again, David

6. Retro Stereo

Retro Stereo Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Grumpy, Ms Grumpy, Kamakiri, & Ms Kamakiri,
    My wife and I just want to say a big "THANK YOU!" for your hospitality, your enthusiasm, and especially your kindness, during our time at AK Fest 2005. You guys are the best!

Mr and Ms Retro Stereo

PS: Grumpy & Ms Grumpy,
    Those kids of yours you can be very proud of, I know I sure would be.

7. Leestereo

Leestereo Super Member

This year's AK Fest brought out the best from the AK membership and then some...come to think of it so did last year's Fest...Already looking forward to attending the ones in the future...

8. Army

Army Addicted Member

I had an absolutely wonderful time, a weekend just wasn't long enough ! :no:

Although I'm still wiped out from the drive back, EW and I made it back home at 5:30am yesterday our time. And yes we have a story to share with that ride :D

I'm so glad I made the trip, and had a chance to meet all of the great people from this site! Meeting everyone was the highlight of my trip :thmbsp:

Thank You, So very much ! Grumpy, Mrs. Grumpy, Kamakiri, Mrs. Kam, Wardsweb and all the people who made this happen :thmbsp:

Wish I had more time to share all of the experience. But duty calls !

9. benjamin

benjamin Active Member

You're most welcome...hopefully whoever got some of the cables and cds I sent enjoy them. By the look of the pics and comments, everyone had a great time....next year I'll be there!

Scott

10. john_w

john_w Miscreant

Wish I Were There...

This is about the only time I've ever wished I was still living in Waterford, MI and commuting to Southfield for work! I doubt that you guys were more than a couple miles from my old office. Denver is a bit of a hike.

Still, I'll have to seriously consider this for next year. Sounds like you had most of the cool people and cool toys there -- and managed to keep them both pretty well organized!

Maybe some members out this way with some time (or who require very little sleep) should do an "AK Fest West"? Or maybe even a Rocky Mountain version? If that happened, I'd be willing to help where and when I can, but no time to start anything.

11. Ski

Ski what? Subscriber

I too would like to thank those involved! It was a complete success in my book. It would have been a success had things not even been as good as they were. You folks pulled off quite the event and did it better than I could have expected.

I would also like to thank everybody that had gear to demo. So many different styles of systems and they all sounded quite good.

I would also like to say that I enjoyed meeting everybody that I did and that I wish I had met more of you but atleast now I put a face to many names.

12. styler

styler Super Member

buddy and mel

i'm already searching for that Buddy Rich Mel Torme album! great piece Ernie! and thanks to everyone. its reassuring to see so many good people coming together and making it happen. special thanks to dave and his family, they were tireless, helpful, and even friendly LOL, seriously, thanks dave!

13. BrianB

BrianB AK Vendor Emeritus Moderator

Geez, this was SUCH a great show, and I had SO much fun! Many, many thanks to Dave and Nancy, Tim and Stephanie, Luther, and everyone else for making this possible... :)

14. gonzp

gonzp Klipschophile

A Denver area meet up has been tenatively set up for mid may. Hope to meet you John :thmbsp:

15. john_w

john_w Miscreant

Cool! Fast_Eddie mentioned the idea of an informal "haul over some gear, beer and tunes and lets play" kind of thing about a month ago. Is that what you're referring to? I hadn't heard anything since then, and I didn't know anything was planned for May.

In any case, thanks for the info gonz! I hope this works out.

- John

16. Andyman

Andyman Scroungus Stereophilus Subscriber

Boy, what a weekend!

I know it's been said a bazillion times already, but beaucoups thanks to The Grumpys (Grumpy, Mrs. Grumpy, and Grumpy Jr., plus the Grumpettes, Jennifer and Lacey), Tim and Stephanie, Luther, and any and all who pulled this together to make it happen. You guys are all unbelieveable in what you did to pull this off.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!! :yes:

17. Kegger

Kegger R.I.P. 1/12/1966 - 6/1/2017 Super Mod Subscriber

Sorry It's been late in coming, I've been busy at work and at home.

But I need to thank everyone involved with the fest, as I'm fairly
    new to karma and it's members. I know grumpy and his crew did a
    ton of work to pull this off and I thank him and them very very much!

Just hope it can continue next year and I'm a bigger part of it!

Thanks a lot for the oppertunity to share in the event, it was incredable!