The 2017 Ford GT

Awesome chassis, motor not so. Sure, it is a Le Mans winner but the V6 sound track does not inspire like a V10 or a V12. This being said, the F150 must be a real cracker. Wish Ford had not taken the water pump drive directly off the timing chain. If the motor survives, it is a 10 hour job to change the water pump.

Half a million for a toy that less than.1 pct of the world can own. The 'kind' part of "mankind" needs some work.

It looks mean as hell, but give me a Superformace GT40 in Shell livery ANY day. If i total it, no historic loss.

link to this bad boy here

http://www.superformance.com/gt40.aspx

The engine is more advanced than any of the V-10/12's out there. The fact that it can make the same amount of HP as them proves it.

This is an engineer's car. Your old GT40 while beautiful is not as reliable as this version and that is the point.

After 50 years of design and advancements, I'd expect nothing less from the Blue Oval guys.

Still, I want my Superformance. Shell livery, please.

The engine is more advanced than any of the V-10/12's out there. The fact that it can make the same amount of HP as them proves it.

This is an engineer's car. Your old GT40 while beautiful is not as reliable as this version and that is the point.

Superformance is new build.

The problem with the V6 is there is only so much that can be had from a 3.5L. Add in the fact that a V6 will never sound right in a hypercar. Remember the Jaguar XJ220?

The problem with the V6 is there is only so much that can be had from a 3.5L. Add in the fact that a V6 will never sound right in a hypercar. Remember the Jaguar XJ220?

How much more don't you think can be made from 3.5 liters? F1 was making 1100 or so from 1.5 liters 30 years ago; this is more than twice that dispacement. There is the possibilty of building a motor with more power than can be controlled by a human. But I entirely concur with your last sentence. Part of the élan of this sort of auto is the sound they make, and a v-6 doesn't sound as interesting as an 8/ 10/ 12 cylinder engine does.

How much more don't you think can be made from 3.5 liters? F1 was making 1100 or so from 1.5 liters 30 years ago; this is more than twice that dispacement. There is the possibilty of building a motor with more power than can be controlled by a human. But I entirely concur with your last sentence. Part of the élan of this sort of auto is the sound they make, and a v-6 doesn't sound as interesting as an 8/ 10/ 12 cylinder engine does.

Specific output is limited by pump gas so the way to make more power is through displacement.

Specific output is limited by pump gas so the way to make more power is through displacement.
Or, forced induction as you commonly find today.

Porsche gets 305 HP from a 2 liter four cylinder motor in the 718 Boxster/Cayman and 580 HP from a 3.8 liter six in the 911 series.

Phil wins lottery,phil buys one!Wishful thinking on my part.If you guys get a chance watch The Return on amazon .

Or, forced induction as you commonly find today.

Porsche gets 305 HP from a 2 liter four cylinder motor in the 718 Boxster/Cayman and 580 HP from a 3.8 liter six in the 911 series.

I find today's specific output tp be utterly amazing. In the case of the Ford GT, 647 hp from 3.5 liters must be close to the limits of what can be tuned from pump gas. With race gas, you can touch the sky!

Love the bare bones aspect of the car and the design is world class. But it's not a luxury vehicle, it's a barely legal race car. I'd go for the NSX to drive on the street and one of these for track day.

Back
Top Bottom