The 432HzBob Thread: For those that want to converse with 432HzBob...

Do you like how it sounds now? I know you like to have fun, so can't hurt to tinker messing with a woofers Fc....
Yea true. I got extra caps laying around. Why not?
I think dropping the freq 100Hz or so would take some of the "midbass bloat" out that's there certain music. Kind of what Grado carts give, you take the good with the bad on these things.
I want to internally brace the cabinets too with a few sticks of 2x2 mahogany i had for years doing nothing.
They'll have to do until I can afford a pr of Thiel 3.6's I read about recently.
Same setup, 3 way, 8 inch woofer, but about as good a sound as you could hope for they reviewed.
And only $2k a pair!! (I paid $30 for my RS6's)
..Much like Renaissance 80's and 90's that nobody ever gets rid of.

Yea true. I got extra caps laying around. Why not?
I think dropping the freq 100Hz or so would take some of the "midbass bloat" out that's there certain music. Kind of what Grado carts give, you take the good with the bad on these things.
I want to internally brace the cabinets too with a few sticks of 2x2 mahogany i had for years doing nothing.
They'll have to do until I can afford a pr of Thiel 3.6's I read about recently.
Same setup, 3 way, 8 inch woofer, but about as good a sound as you could hope for
And only $2k a pair!! (I paid $30 for my RS6's)
..Much like Renaissance 80's and 90's that nobody ever gets rid of.
Do you know if the woofers you're using now (and if the ones that cooked) use ferrofluid in the voice coil pole gap? This is good practice as it serves two purposes, damping and heat transfer from the coil to the pole.

Do you know if the woofers you're using now (and if the ones that cooked) use ferrofluid in the voice coil pole gap? This is good practice as it serves two purposes, damping and heat transfer from the coil to the pole.
You know funny you say that because, new to me, whenever something cooks, I pull it immediately and swap another driver in.
Every time I do, the magnet assembly is warm.

Yes, I was blocked from that thread only after one particular Saturday morning discussion over "guns".
I feel like I was a victim of Twitter, Google and FB, saying nothing too terrible and participating in a conversation several member were having.
That's how it went down.

You know funny you say that because, new to me, whenever something cooks, I pull it immediately and swap another driver in.
Every time I do, the magnet assembly is warm.
It was and is a great idea, ferrofluid. Helps alot, but too much subsonic at high power over time will ultimately wipe out the VC.

Glad you mention that.
I have come to think it's the subsonic killing these things.
Especially when I have company walking flat footed on the wood floors.
The drivers go max excursion then and I have to ask people to walk like a ballerina on their toes if there's a record playing loud

Yes, I was blocked from that thread only after one particular Saturday morning discussion over "guns".
I feel like I was a victim of Twitter, Google and FB, saying nothing too terrible and participating in a conversation several member were having.
That's how it went down.
I remember that, did not seem grounds for a permanent ban. Have you written any mods or admin or grumpy? You are a longtime member, unless there were other infractions, I would hope they'd cut you a break...

That's how it went down.

What? When did this happen? Sat? I had my say one point and they only put me in the box for a week.

I'm usually not on much over the weekends, must have missed it.

Bob, what did you do? :) your in good company man. Your not a true fan until you get the boot a few times lol
I talked about guns. Said my brothers and father were all CCW.
Even though I don;t have any of my firearms here now, all at my Fathers in Fla,
It was not "music related" or somesuch, even though the whole conversation was discussion over a cup of coffee.
It was not heated, nor angry, none of that. The people in that forum all have good conversations wherever it goes.
And I agree, you gotta get booted a few times to get some kind of street cred.

The funny thing is, a mod came on and said
"watch what you say, some of you are treaing on thin ice here"
Which was a hint and a half that Ok, we've had enough of this and we all just kind moved on.
Then an hr later I couldn;t post.
It was pretty fast and seemed without deliberation.

So did they really give you an extended ban?

That's lame man, a week is one thing but to totally shunt someone from talking is BS. Your should really email the mods if you have not and asks them for your permissions back.

Yes^^^^.

But let's not pursue it here anymore (as a topic), lest this thread get shut down as well.

Bob, we're hoping you can get back on the farm.

GJ

Back
Top Bottom