The Audiokarma Member of the Year for 2018 is...

As one who has quaffed many a tumbler of the liquid gold, may I suggest Angel's Envy?

I feel it tops Woodford Reserve, as well as the much vaunted 15 year old Pappy Van Winkle, which I've also had. Is also not too expensive.

Old Pappy is supposedly hard to find, and priced like a mortgage payment. I'll have to try Angel's Envy some time, and it's much more reasonably priced.

Old Pappy is supposedly hard to find, and priced like a mortgage payment. I'll have to try Angel's Envy some time, and it's much more reasonably priced.

Having quaffed them both on the same occasion, the Pappy's vanilla notes were very special, very unique, but the Angel's Envy hangs with it overall.

Oh my!!!! I am absolutely gobsmacked. To be mentioned with the likes of others who have received this most noble of awards (from the peers) well......

all I can say now is thank you, every single one of you.

@hjames I thought by now everyone here knew about my nom de plume. In high school, I didn't drink, nor party, so naturally, I got everyone's keys.

It became a running joke for inebriated passengers to say to me "Onward, James!" in an affected, F. Scott Fitzgerald voice. My best friend on earth STILL calls me James, and hasn't waffled with that silly moniker in nigh on 30 years.

Ya'll can call me onwardjames, or Tim. Just don't call me late to supper, yuk yuk yuk. :rolleyes:

Congrats to all the nominees, I actually voted for one of the finalists (one of my favorite people here, and more than worthy) and can say the other 2 are equally deserving.

When you love this place as much as I do, it makes it easy to forgive noob gaffes, certain crotchety ones, and realize that there is far too much room for misinterpretation. Be the kind of AK'er you wish to see on this site!

If there was any possible reason I deserved this, it was daily trying to adhere to our most basic premise, "ALL AUDIO, NO ATTITUDE".

I'm truly humbled. Thank you!
Well said and deserved Tim! I enjoy every post you write.
Congrats and look forward to another year conversing with you!
Love the history behind your AK handle, and yes, I would have handed you my keys quite often!
Cheers, Glenn

Back
Top Bottom