The Audiokarma.org Member of the Year for 2012 is...

luvvinvinyl

My best pal, Molly
Subscriber
…known only to me, for the next few seconds.

Before I announce the winner, I would like to thank all the voters who sent in their choices. Your participation in this process is what makes this award such an honour. To those individuals who were cited for their contribution to AK, personally, and on behalf of the Audiokarma owners, staff and members, I wholeheartedly thank you for all you bring to our community.

Here, in alphabetical order, is the list of those persons nominated for Member of the Year, for 2012:

240sx4u
4seatpilot
Arkay
Art K
audiodon
avionic
BigErik
Billfort
bktheking
blhagstrom
bluesky
Buglegirl
CactusBob
catman
catrafter
Celt
DanO55
dcgillespie
dewickt
djnagle
dnewma04
Echowars
Fisherdude
footfungus
GordonW
Hyperion
Hypnotoad
Ilikevinyl
jaymanaa
jcricket
Jeffery
JohnVF
Kegger
kerrytat2
Kevzep
larryderouin
LBPete
markthefixer
Mike Gibson
Moray James
Mr. Lin
Ms. Grumpy
onepixel
Overundr1
patfont
Quadtech
Rajoo
RayW
Rich PA
Robie
Rome
SandyG
Scott1019
skippy124
Skylab
thedelihaus
TheRed1
Tom Bavis
Urizen
Wigwam Jones

An impressive list, to be sure! Some of these nominees are making their debut; many of the above are making their annual appearance on this list, and have for several years. As well, the admins were nominated, but remain ineligible. Nonetheless, we thank you for your submission. You honour us by that action.

As you can see, the nominees come from every corner of Audiokarma. I would be proud to present the winner’s plaque to any of them. The list includes techs, elder statesmen, younger members, and the young-at-heart. Together, they show that the tapestry of AK is rich in colour, texture and variety. All in all, a fine place to be.

Without further ado, I give you the Audiokarma Member of the Year, for 2012:

John Fiebke

aka

JOHNVF

AND

Don Roy

aka

Rome

That's right, folks, we have a TIE! This year was the biggest turnout for voting, and the closest race. Three other individuals, from the list above, were just one vote back!

I heard from many voters about John's knowledge of gear, and system building, gained from listening experience, his 'cut to the chase' style of posting, and his passion for good audio. Many voters reported that they subscribe to threads in which John posts. Thanks, John, for your contribution to the Audiokarma community.

Don, our own Rome, received heaps of praise for his positive attitude, his light-hearted style, sharp wit, and his ability to lift up others with his encouraging posts. Don clearly exhibits a passion for helping others, and drawing the best from people. Thank you, Don, for your ability to bring light and humour to those who needed support.

Both of these fine gentlemen have received nominations in past years, so this year's results are not really surprising. That it was a tie, well, that is a bit surprising, though not unprecedented. Seven years ago, I was blessed by sharing the honours with EchoWars.

JohnVF, Rome, thank you for years of contributions to Audiokarma. I am pleased and proud to be the first, but certainly not the last, to congratulate you on being selected as Audiokarma.org Men of the Year, for 2012.

Great news. I couldn't be happier with the choice. Congrats to two of the finest gents on AK.

Can't argue with either choice. I enjoy reading posts from both and from many others that were named. Those two really help make this my favorite forum.

Wow. For once on AK...I don't know what to say. Except thank you. Humbled and honored here.

And congratulations, Don. I'm thrilled to share this honor with you!

Thanks you guys. I know I'm rather opinionated but we're all here for the same thing: happy listening to all. However we get there.

GREAT!!~~ Rome and John VF are the BEST!!! Congulations! You are the BEST for AK~~ BOTH OF YOU!...AK is not the same without you both.
Love John's Cat in his avatar and love Rome's thread --Last Word.
James Stewart:thmbsp::thmbsp::thmbsp:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom