The beautiful Klipsch Horn Speaker - question?

It's on the photos, but I'll PM you a link because I don't want to violate forum regs.

Frankly I call it the deal of the century, but then I like Klipsch speakers
drool.gif

Would love to see them go to a forum member!

OK, I didn't see it but thank you. Again, I'm just curious at the moment.

Well, look what I found? Looks like these vintage Tannoys were built to be placed into corners. Love that concept!

It's on the photos, but I'll PM you a link because I don't want to violate forum regs.

Frankly I call it the deal of the century, but then I like Klipsch speakers
drool.gif

Would love to see them go to a forum member!

Although I am not in the market at the moment, would love to hear those. And they are some great looking speakers, in REALLY great shape. Thank you again for sharing!

Well, look what I found? Looks like these vintage Tannoys were built to be placed into corners. Love that concept!

Ha.....what a coincidence. I saw this set in person last month when I was at HiFiDo in the Akihabara section of Tokyo. Beautiful but at $28,000 USD way out of my price range.

IMG_20190105_022254183.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, Belles, Cornwalls and La Scala work better in corners. The only issue becomes you might have to move them in and out of the corner on an axis bisecting the angle of the corner to get the bass sound you prefer. Its easier to have a mini DSP and voice the speakers for the sound you prefer. But I have seen Cornwalls and Belles pick up almost a 1/3 of an octave for a Cornwall and a half an octave for a Belle in some rooms where the bass before was pretty compromised. by placing the speakers in Corners...

Hi Everyone,

Got a question for those of you who own and love the Klipsch Horn speakers. Although I've never heard them in person, over the years I've only heard great things about them. In my early forays into high-end audio, when I was purchasing my original system, I was told by many "in the know" to get a pair of Klipsch Herseys (e.g the very first edition back in the early to mid 1980's). I auditioned them and found the horns to be too harsh for my ears and the vocals sounded as if they were coming from inside of a tunnel. But, then a friend who was helping me build my system told me to check out the Klipsch Horns.

I listen to a lot of vocal music so I wanted to know from those who own a pair, how do you like vocal music playing through your Horns (e.g. if you listen to vocals through them?) I just find the idea of creating a pair of speakers to work in any room that can produce high-end sound fascinating. If you own a pair of "Horns" please share what type(s) of music you listen to and why you purchased these speakers.

I've owned Klipsch Heresys, and I currently own Klipschorns. My experience with the Heresys did not match that of your friend. I had two different pairs come into my possession, and frankly I couldn't get rid of them fast enough. They just sounded thin and harsh. No matter , they're gone.

The Klipschorns I acquired one at a time around 1999-2000. (they're fairly early models so were originally sold separately during the monophonic era) They sat in storage in my garage until we added on to the house and I finally had a room large enough to use them. I started using them in 2009. They're an entirely different animal compared to the Heresys. To the question you posed, to me they sound fine on vocals. Just last week I was listening to Suzanne Vega and Ricki Lee Jones....... sounded good. They have a clean clear effortless sound quality to them, and of course fill a room nicely. Ironically, for all their size they don't have tons of bass down deep. Many swear you have to use tube power for Klipschorns, but I've been happy using tubes or solid state.

1069 and 618 at 75pct.jpg

I've owned Klipsch Heresys, and I currently own Klipschorns. My experience with the Heresys did not match that of your friend. I had two different pairs come into my possession, and frankly I couldn't get rid of them fast enough. They just sounded thin and harsh. No matter , they're gone.

The Klipschorns I acquired one at a time around 1999-2000. (they're fairly early models so were originally sold separately during the monophonic era) They sat in storage in my garage until we added on to the house and I finally had a room large enough to use them. I started using them in 2009. They're an entirely different animal compared to the Heresys. To the question you posed, to me they sound fine on vocals. Just last week I was listening to Suzanne Vega and Ricki Lee Jones....... sounded good. They have a clean clear effortless sound quality to them, and of course fill a room nicely. Ironically, for all their size they don't have tons of bass down deep. Many swear you have to use tube power for Klipschorns, but I've been happy using tubes or solid state.

View attachment 1420467

Nice setup, thank you for sharing! Interesting that with those big woofers using the rear wall that there isn't a lot of bass.

Wish I could afford klipsch Horns still can’t Even find a job .
I’ve been looking for a job half as long as the Great Depression lasted . Making or current economy the worst it’s ever been to find a decent job .
I love klipsch someday hope to get some of the bigger speakers .
Ive never heard any of the top of the line klipsch my car isn’t running well enough to even drive on highways.

They sat in storage in my garage until we added on to the house and I finally had a room large enough to use them. I started using them in 2009.

View attachment 1420467[/QUOTE] And now you have "Two Corners!" Heresy's ... flaws and all don't call for "extreme measures" to fit into most folks homes. :)

I've never heard K horns, but I have heard Heresy's and I liked them. Enough to know that if I stumble across a pair of K-Horn's ... my next step would be Home Depot, to get supplies for a "Pony Wall" to make'em happy!

Nice setup, thank you for sharing! Interesting that with those big woofers using the rear wall that there isn't a lot of bass.

I'm far (very far) from being an expert... but what they lack in deeper bass, they more than make up for with hair trigger dynamics and clean sound.

I understand PWK put sensitivity above almost everything else (if in fact, not above all (??)) so one trade-off you get with that higher sensitivity is loss of some deep bass.

Still..... very few, if any, speakers can pressurize an entire room like a Khorn can.

Back
Top Bottom