The car that saved me, my girlfriend, and buddies lifes friday.

Bassblaster

2017 Ford Fusion. hit a deer on a snowy road, went through a power line pole and rolled 4 times almost 200 foot down a steep bank, hitting a tree with the rear passenger door and landing on the roof. my buddy kicked out the rear door window and all 3 of us got out. me and my girlfriend only got cuts and some bad bruising but my buddy got 2 broken ribs and a punctured lung. i counted 10 air bags that went off.
Thank god for modern crash safety technology. Just thought i'd share this

20181110_121744.jpg

20181110_121939.jpg

20181110_123833.jpg

Last edited:
I hit a deer two weeks ago, that’s #5 for me. I think they have it out for me.
Fortunately my hits haven’t been as traumatic as yours, glad you guys are OK.

Damn! You wouldn't have made it in a '57 Chevy. Glad the injuries were as light as they were.

Last night I drove home from Penn State on a largely dark, rural interstate, and I probably averaged 80 mph over the 3 hour trip. My wife even casually commented at one point "that's the third deer I've seen standing on the shoulder tonight" and I didn't think anything of it. Thanks for making me reassess my driving behavior.

That interior shot is horrifying!!

That's a perspective you never see in accident photos.

Thank God none of you were more seriously injured!

OMG,that's unbelievable!
Glad you're ok.
We have so many deer here that I avoid driving at dusk because it's when and not if.

Bob

Like that here. I haven't hit one yet. I figure it's a matter of when more than if.

That's unbelievable.
As good as the features are in that car, I suspect you and your friends were incredibly lucky!
I'm glad you're all (for the most part) alright.

You can thank Ralph Nader for his legacy of safety precautions, his fiancée died in a car accident while he was at the wheel. Worked for the federal government and fought for the safety standards we enjoy now.

Holy Cow! I knew I liked Ford Fusions for a reason. That is amazing! Hope you & yours have a quick recovery!

When we took over the HOA in our neighborhood, my wife (the President) requested deer signs to be put up.

Back
Top Bottom