The Eagles - Greatest Hits - Best-Selling U.S. Album Ever

I got SO burned out on the Eagles from my DJ days in the late 1970's. Same for Beatles, Beach Boys, Rolling Stones and Disco in general. I play Witchy Woman once a yer in a Halloween playlist. That's about it.

Any group or song can get stale when it is heard over and over for years. On super groups like the Eagles their stuff has been covered over and over and I do enjoy a well written song with a different arrangement.

Krall's take on I Cant Tell You Why is done really well.

This version of Maneater totally re arranged blows my mind at how good it is.

Any group or song can get stale when it is heard over and over for years. On super groups like the Eagles their stuff has been covered over and over and I do enjoy a well written song with a different arrangement.

Krall's take on I Cant Tell You Why is done really well.

Krall does a very nice version of that, she's got a deeper voice than Timothy B. though. ;) :p

Krall does a very nice version of that, she's got a deeper voice than Timothy B. though. ;) :p

Funny about Krall.....she does not have any power nor does she have any range but holy crap it somehow just works. She is a fine musician and that makes her a package deal.

Sure, I love The Eagles, and I have that compilation (who doesn't) but it's a collection, not an album IMO.

Thriller was a single concept album.

Best of the Eagles is all their chit rolled into one disc. Hardly the same.

This about sums it up for me:
355.jpg

I never got the Eagles or Steve Miller for that matter. It was a blues town where I grew up which is odd since it was in central Illinois. I always go back to the blues.

Agreed. You should hear her cover 10cc 's I'm not in love.

Yep, I have and it is superb. The entire "Wallflower" album is one of my favorites of hers. I am a sucker for a good cover of my favorite songs growing up. I get to hear a song I like, but have heard waaaaay too much over the years, by somebody new. I respect artists that cover a song and really change it, that shows some risk, even if I dont like it. Krall covers are pretty true to the originals but I really, really respect how well they are done.

Back
Top Bottom