Negatron HT

The interesting thing is I have found some of my old CDs (from the 80s) have such a deep, wide sound stage that there is no need at all for multi channel audio. The instruments have so much detail, and are suspended is space... Almost like you could reach out and touch the instrument or person singing.

Wow.......This is one impressive HT set-up!

And, from the looks of your avatar, you have a beautiful Blue Merle Australian Shepard!

One question: Does your Aussie watch movies with you?

Wow.......This is one impressive HT set-up!

And, from the looks of your avatar, you have a beautiful Blue Merle Australian Shepard!

One question: Does your Aussie watch movies with you?

Not yet...He is only 13 weeks old, and is not let in the HT yet... We are waiting until he calms down a bit more. :) My wife will be competing with him in Agility Competitions, and he will also be competing in Conformation Trials. His name is Bacon, and he is so lovable!:thmbsp::thmbsp:

Beautiful Aussie.

My bride and I are owned by two Black Tri Aussies.....

This will be our first Aussie. We have 2 BCs (one hyper, and the other Psychotic), and a mix-breed. One of the BCs still competes where the others have all retired.

The Aussies are great dogs!

Today's update...
We have the entrance to the pond almost done. The next part is to get the Ipe railing completed. Once that is done the HT will get it's finishing touches, and then we will finish off the pond area with Ipe decking for the remaining flooring, and bridge.

A friend in another forum suggested i try out the Roger Waters CD (Amused to death) which was recorded in Q Sound. I just got it ripped to the HDD, and sat down in the 2nd row to listen to it...........................................................................

UNBELIEVABLE!!!! I could hear a bobcat to my right with dogs barking in my driveway (about 20' in front of me), people talking about 2' in front and to my left about 8' away. I have never heard anything like this coming from 2 channels. I had to stop listening after the first song to gather my thoughts!

I highly suggest anyone who likes Pink Floyd music to give this a listen. :T :T

That is totally awesome! And I always wanted a fish pond as well, you have truly made a wonderful place to relax. And from one Ellis to another, great job!

That is totally awesome! And I always wanted a fish pond as well, you have truly made a wonderful place to relax. And from one Ellis to another, great job!

Thanks... You are the first Ellis I have seen on the forums. :)

great job all around.... thank you for the pictures.... enjoy! I am sure you will! ec

I am in the HT enjoying it for most of the day everyday. :)

My Asthma is bothering me again and my wife thinks it is from all the new construction smells in the HT... So I decided to look into getting something to remove the odors on a daily basis.

I just ordered these...
1. This hopefully will take care of any odors in the HT. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002JU04VY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2. This hopefully will push the aire fast enough through the carbon scrubber. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000RKNCMQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I am planning on installing them on the 8" HVAC return line. The return line is i believe either 25' or 50' of flex hose zig zagged across the ceiling and exiting the HT to our hall closet. I think that I can install the fan in there , and then install the Carbon scrubber on the other end of the fan. If it is too noisey I think that these should work on each side of the fan. http://www.phreshfilter.com/products/phresh-duct-silencers.aspx

New additions coming soon to the HT. I have a Krell Showcase 7.1 Pre/Processor coming, Crown D75 amp (still need one more), and next item will be the MiniDSP DDRC 88-A. I am hoping this takes me to the next level. I am also contemplating selling my MiniDSPs, and getting the balanced versions since all of my equipment will now be balanced. I will be using a Autopatch Precis HD Component switcher for my Audio (and possibly video). I will be getting 2 HDMI breakout boxes to 5.1 or 7.1 for 2 of my sources. I will then use the Component cables (if I still have them) for the Xbox360, and PS3. This should last me until I decide to go with Atmos, DTS-X. I am also contemplating moving the Tchip amps to the surrounds or maybe just pick up some more low power pro amps.

Last night a friend of mine, and I listened to the new setup (only the Oppo 105D was inserted into the old setup), and we were very surprised as to what a difference it made.

Audio:
Top end is more extended, and more info present then before. Lows are even tighter than before...maybe just as touch less powerful. Dynamics are much better.

Video:
The colors pop more now, Black levels look better, and the picture appeared to be sharper too.

The demo was done through HDMI which means we are not using the DACs from the 105D. We also are not using the built in Darbee yet as I still have my old one. Looks like I will be selling the Darbee, and going to the built in one.

I returned the Oppo 105D, and got the 103 since I will only be using the analog outs.

A few more pieces will be added this next week...
2 Yamaha P2500s amps for the surrounds
2 Yamaha P2075 amps for the horns
MiniDSP DDRC-88A processor

Just ordered a Yamaha MX-A5000 amp to replace the Lexicon, Sherbourn, and the Yamaha XM 4080 amps. This should get me some room in the rack again. I also now have JBL 8340As for side surrounds, and JBL 8320s for Atmos channels (when I get a new AVP).

Yamaha mxa-5000 is out, and I am now using 2 Crest Audio 8 channel amps for all of my channels.I am now using the Yamaha CXA-5100 preamp with 2 Dirac DDRC-88a boxes for my room tune.

Back
Top Bottom