Negatron HT

Theater has been dismantled, and house sold... I will be starting a new build over the next few months. The new build will not be a dedicated room, but a living room used for stereo and theater. This will be the new room.

Attachments

• wm_full (2).jpg
    wm_full (2).jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 177
  • wm_full (1).jpg
    wm_full (1).jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 173
Sadly, all the original pictures are now Gone - a pity you can't update the old posts
and post the pictures directly to AK as a kind of Lessons Learned archive.
People love being able to compare notes and see systems evolve over time!

I will see if I can dig up at least my old completed theater pics and upload. Photobucket really messed up with their new policies.

Looks like I will have some changes as the wife wants to have mirrors on the wall on the loft for her to practice dancing. This means I will no longer have 10' for the audio rack, but maybe 4' max, and still only a little over 2' high. The speakers will still be next to the windows but the doors will not be used behind the speakers (a plus for me), only the glass door to the left will be used. Room darkening curtains will be used, but not black, and a couple of carpets will be used for the floor too...again not black, but grey or blue with some white stripes (best compromise I could get as we will be getting the, from Costco).

On a 19' wide room, I will have to leave about 3' per side since we will be using the door which opens inward on the left, and we have the fireplace on the right. Not as much as I had wanted.

Last edited:
I have been working on getting my equipment rack completed, and should have some pics of it soon. I also am working on getting some wooden troughs made to go all around the room 15' up the walls to conceal the wires, and to hang my acoustic panels from. I should have the troughs up in the next month (trip to Europe will delay the acoustic panels, and other projects). I also ordered some nice small amp cases for me to install my B&O amp modules in. I will be trying to bridge them so each board in the amp will power a different driver...ie. 1 for the woofer, and 1 for the horn. I also have 4 50wpc amps coming for powering my height channels. We have a new fiber HDMI 100' cable on the way (I only needed a 75', but the cable company I picked went from 60' to 100') which will be used for our 65" 4k fp. Once I get 7 speakers made, I will work on the 195" screen, and getting a new projector. It is going to be a long project as I am retired, and have a small amount to spend on this each month. I also need to get 2 Dirac boxes, and eventually sell my Yamaha preamp, and get one with Auro3d. I am getting ready to send my local carpenter some plans for building 4 Klipsch Belle bass bins for our surround channels. I am waiting on 4 horns, and I will use my EVDH1A drivers with them. I will use them as my mains until I get my 401k synergy horns completed.

Last edited:
I have the electric curtains up for the front wall, and the front 3 height channels temporarily mounted now. I still need to get the angled brackets made for the left, and right channels plus the panel made to cover the top of the curtains. I hope to start the 4 bass bins early next year. Meanwhile I am working on my templates for CQC, and getting my Insteon wall dimmers, scene controllers, and outlets installed.

Update. 5 JBL height channels up right now being used as my mains until we get the synergy horns built. We are starting to make the mold next week, and hope to have a pair of horns done by the end if the month. I have enough woofers now for 2 Belle bass bins, and 3 synergy horns. I just got a Xilica XP 4080 for the front channels, 4 more electric curtain rails, 2 Dune HD players, and some Roxul Rockford. I should have the frames made for the 2 front 18' tall bass traps this weekend. I also have a custom mdf blue ray storage cabinet coming this weekend. The cabinet will also support my center Synergy channel. I will post up pics o re we get the speakers made, and curtains up.

Can't wait to hear the Synergy horns!

Update... I just ordered 4 Klipsch rp160m speakers in cherry. These will be used as my front channels until my k402s are ready...once the fronts are ready these will be used as my surrounds, and surround back speakers.For the time being I will use my 4 channel Yamaha Pro amp for powering them until I get the B&O AMP modules installed in their case. Hopefully I will have 7 channels plus 4 Atmos channels by November. Next year will be projector, screen, and new AVP time.

The new build will not be a dedicated room, but a living room used for stereo and theater. This will be the new room.

Look like a really excellent space. I like the loft area also. Looks like your new home lends itself well to Tuscany decor. Congratulation. Looking forward to seeing what you do with the space.

This is all I have so far... I have my Bluray cabinet temporarily under the tv, and I have 4 curtains up. The curtains still need white cloth on the backside to reflect heat, and we still need to make the valances.
I am currently working on designing a new equipment rack made of T-slot, and wood. Hopefully my speakers will be done in the near future along with my new amp.

Attachments

• 20190712_171503.jpg
    20190712_171503.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 35
20191128_122929.jpg 20191128_115140.jpg
20191128_122944.jpg 1575824892694.jpg 1575824825447.jpg 1575824740789.jpg

Update... I have my new AV Rack completed, and we are waiting on veneer glue for the 3 k402MEH speakers. Ater tuning the new speakers...we will then work on the new amps.
Pics showmthe new av rack, new end tables, height channels, current fronts on stands,
and my remote.

Last edited:
20200220_141244.jpg 20200220_141057.jpg 20200220_141049.jpg 20200220_141244.jpg 20200220_141057.jpg 20200220_141049.jpg

These are the first pics of our progress...4 horns have now been modded for the woofer mounting plates. We also have all the MDF cut for the motherboard..it will be 1 1/2" thick, as will the cabinet if we use a cabinet. We will be testing with a cabinet and without in the next couple of weeks. The motherboards will all be veneered in mahagony, and the cabinets will also be (if we use cabinets). I also am p,anning on veneering my RP160Ms to match.

Today I picked up my horns from a friend who has been modding the horns per my directions (I got my info from Chris on the Klipsch forums as it was his design). Over the next few weeks I will be designing the back support, and also a cabinet. In the beginning we will have 2 versions...cabinet, and cabinetless. Once we have tuned it both ways I will decide how to finish off the front 3 horns. I will post up as we progress.

Attachments

• 20200402_185202.jpg
    20200402_185202.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 30
  • 20200402_185213.jpg
    20200402_185213.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 29
  • 20200402_190703.jpg
    20200402_190703.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 26
Back
Top Bottom