The first song you listened to in 2018?

leesonic

Captured on security camera...
Subscriber
What's the FIRST song you listened to in 2018?

Mine was "Chase the Clouds Away" by Incognito. It's an old track, the album Jazz Funk was released in 1981, but I guess I really started listening to it in 1992 when it came out on CD. There's a verse in it that I sing to my seven year old daughter to get her to sleep :

If you stumble on the way
I'll be there to comfort you
To pick you up when you are down
Send the rainy clouds away
You believe I'm right for you
You know that my aim is true
No matter what the world will do
The two of us will see it through

I played it this morning because I wasn't sure of the words. Sometimes, it almost brings a tear to my eye. If you've ever done the stay-at-home dad thing, or looked after a child for an extended period of time, you'll know that these little critters are just SO dependent on you for everything. They look up at you with these big heads on their tiny bodies, their huge eyes full of blind devotion, and you just pick them up and hug them, especially when they've fallen down.

Lee.

BTO Takin' Care of Business, along with the rest of this lineup, starting the year off rockin Yowzaaaaaaa.

15148195576591238678307.jpg

uckfay emay,.... I just got duped into listening to this as the first music of 2018
The forum that I clicked the link on doesn't show content like AK. It was just a link.

uckfay emay,.... I just got duped into listening to this as the first music of 2018
The forum that I clicked the link on doesn't show content like AK. It was just a link.

That's a really bad omen.

You should carry a black cat under a ladder (or something).

I don't remember what was playing at the stroke of midnight.

It was Youtube>Paul Pang / Singxer>MusicHall 25.3>Sansui AU-X701>ADS 1290s.

I do remember, I was looking at the thread in General Audio Discussion; Things That Can't Be Unheard.

sqlsavior commented about Donald Fagen faking a lisp (or being drunk) when this song was recorded:

Never noticed this before...very peculiar.

I never knew the title came from the Wake Forrest football team, until now.

Last edited:
I spent some time looking for the first play this new year morning. Café Del Mar - Volume Ocho (8) a compilation, looked good as any.

When I heard the 3rd song on the CD, I thought how perfect. Sunrise (DJ Thunda & The K-20 Allstars Remix) by Afterlife. A nice quite sunrise kinda groove. Now that I'm looking at the song list, the actual 1st song I heard, was even more appropriate. Utopia (New Ears Mix) by Goldfrapp.

Cafe-Del-Mar_Ocho.jpg

Joe Satriani - Unstoppable Momentum: Jumpin' In

Unstoppable_Momentum.jpg

We were binging "Black Mirror, Season 4" on netflix - during the episode "metalhead", they played "Golden Brown" by the Stranglers ...

It has become sort of a tradition with me (dates back to when I used to DJ a lot of parties and even at bars)--right after midnight, the first song is always U2~New Years Day (live at Red Rocks, of course).

Back
Top Bottom