Kenwood restoration, repair, recapping and servicing threads

dlucy

dlucy67 (Doug)
Staff member
Subscriber
This thread is an index to other threads where specific Kenwood models have been restored, repaired, refurbished, recapped... or otherwise fixed. This thread exists to make it much easier to find the threads you need when restoring your Kenwood.

If you've found another thread about restoring a Kenwood or a post that does a great job of explaining a particular repair or approach on a Kenwood, send me a PM and I'll add it to the below list.

Non-model specific Kenwood restoration info is captured in post #3 below..

Kenwood restoration threads by model:

Preamps

Kenwood Model 700C

Kenwood Basic C1 preamp

Kenwood Basic C2 preamp

Power Amps

Kenwood 700M stereo power amp

Kenwood L-09M monoblock amp

Kenwood Basic M1 power amp

Integrated Amps

Kenwood Model 500 (link to hifiengine.com manuals)​

Kenwood KA-405 integrated amp

Kenwood KA-1400G integrated amp

Kenwood KA-2000 integrated amp

Kenwood KA-2002A integrated amp

Kenwood KA-3500 integrated amp

Kenwood KA-4002 integrated amp

Kenwood KA-4006 integrated amp
Note: the above thread has an interesting post about variations on this and several "sister" models. Good description of the change and several sets of schematic and service manual updates.

Kenwood KA-5002 integrated amp

Kenwood KA-5500 integrated amp
The KA-5500 (2009) by Echowars​

Kenwood KA-5700 integrated amp

Kenwood KA-6100 integrated amp

Kenwood KA-7100 integrated amp

Kenwood KA-8100 integrated amp or KA-8150 (bronze-faced version of the KA-8100)​

Kenwood KA-8300 integrated amp

Kenwood KA-907 integrated amp

Kenwood KA-9100 integrated amp or Kenwood KA-9150 (the bronze-faced version of the KS-9100) (link to hifiengine.com manuals)​

Stereo Receivers

Kenwood KR-3130 stereo receiver

Kenwood KR-4070 stereo receiver

Kenwood KR-4200 stereo receiver

Kenwood KR-5030 stereo receiver

Kenwood KR-5150 stereo receiver

Kenwood KR-6160 stereo receiver

Kenwood KR-6170 stereo receiver

Kenwood KR-6200 stereo receiver

Kenwood KR-8050 stereo receiver

Kenwood KR-9600 stereo receiver

Tuners

Kenwood KT-5500 FM tuner

Continued in post #3 below.

Last edited:
In addition to the listed restoration threads in the first post of this thread, some of our awesome AK'ers have posts or threads useful during restoration/repair but not tied to a specific model.

Other Kenwood restoration info:

Last edited:
That is a nice list, I did not see the topic, before.
I did a 700C but not in an AK thread.

Please check the your entry in post #1 and let me know if I need to correct anything.

Doug, I just picked up a dead KT-5500 tuner and found this looking for suggestions:

http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/kenwood-kt-5500-mods-need-advice.792412/

Might not fit your 'restoration' requirements but does provide a BOM and reference to some of the updates.

BTW, I used your page to find a KA-5700 restoration. Thanks for the great page.

I think that's perfect for this thread. Thanks!

Please check the your entry in post #1 and let me know if I need to correct anything.

Kudos to Doug for compiling and posting this information :thumbsup:

I think this thread should be a sticky. So much helpful information consolidated into one place is a valuable resource for anyone doing restoration work on these Kenwood models. This should always be accessible and easy to find IMHO.

Kudos to Doug for compiling and posting this information :thumbsup:

I think this thread should be a sticky. So much helpful information consolidated into one place is a valuable resource for anyone doing restoration work on these Kenwood models. This should always be accessible and easy to find IMHO.
Sticky's are mostly overlooked. Just a reply as you did now, gets the topic being read again, and maybe more people having info show up ;)

Not one thread by EchoWars. Given the title of this thread, that is a major oversight.

That's a good observation and we (this sticky's secret team) have looked around and found lots of threads where Echowars has posted, but very few he created. The latter have now been added.

If you find any threads on restoring Kenwoods that is not captured in post #1 here, by Echowars or not, please let me know.

That's a good observation and we (this sticky's secret team) have looked around and found lots of threads where Echowars has posted, but very few he created. The latter have now been added.

If you find any threads on restoring Kenwoods that is not captured in post #1 here, by Echowars or not, please let me know.
How about crediting the threads to EchoWars?

Back
Top Bottom