The new Apple TV now has 4K, and HDR But....

transmaster

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
The new Apple TV now has 4K, and HDR but it still has the crappiest remote that has ever been in human history.:rant: It is priced the same as the previous model. The Applr TV 4 is still for sale but it is now discounted. Thankfully the Apple TV remote App on the iPhone works so much better. Below is what I did with mine used some thick rubber tape so I could at least feel what end I am holding it.

IMG_1836.JPG

Last edited:
Update, oh still my beating heart, they have fixed the remote. :rflmao:Do you see it? YES they put a white ring around the Menu button, I feel a tingle running down my leg. :biggrin:

IMG_1838.PNG

That tingle sounds more like signs of a weak bladder, my friend ;)

...signs that you are far too easily amused ...

That tingle sounds more like signs of a weak bladder, my friend ;)

...signs that you are far too easily amused ...

I was going to mention my Dog and a tinkle down my leg. But Apple, you still can't feel what end you are holding the remote without looking at it and this does not address the overly sensitive touch control. You have to seal this remote up because the Android Gods wait until you are at climactic part of an action movie to put upon this remote and knock you out of the movie. arrgh!!!!!

I was going to mention my Dog and a tinkle down my leg. But Apple, you still can't feel what end you are holding the remote without looking at it and this does not address the overly sensitive touch control. You have to seal this remote up because the Android Gods wait until you are at climactic part of an action movie to put upon this remote and knock you out of the movie. arrgh!!!!!
I was disappointed that they didn't change that remote. I believe this is their worst case of style over function...other than maybe the Mac Pro.

That being said, it won't stop me from eventually getting the AppleTV 4k. :rockon:

I was disappointed that they didn't change that remote. I believe this is their worst case of style over function...other than maybe the Mac Pro.

That being said, it won't stop me from eventually getting the AppleTV 4k. :rockon:
The Apple TV Remote App is so much better the Apple TV remote. The original remote for the older Apple TV still works but it is not fully functional. And yes I will be getting the 4K Apple TV but first a new TV.

The Apple TV Remote App is so much better the Apple TV remote. The original remote for the older Apple TV still works but it is not fully functional. And yes I will be getting the 4K Apple TV but first a new TV.
Luckily, I already have the TV. I have an Nvidia Shield and a Roku 4 for 4K now, but I will move the Roku to another room. I barely even use it now and when I get the Appletv 4K, I will have less reason to use it.

I like physical buttons, so I just deal with the remote. I do like the app for typing stuff in, though.

Back
Top Bottom