The new boy from OZ

TERRY HILTON

G-Day to you all, I didn't realise there were so many guys "afflicted" with the solid state disease!!
I,m just nudging 70 years and have loved old audio for 50 years , I have quite a collection of American and British gear , some of it working and some needing repair My problem is I,m a mechanical engineer with basic Knowledge of electronics I DO know when the smoke gets out ,then somethings wrong ! anyhow I,ll be asking some stupid questions ,so be gentle with me Regards Terry HILTON Australia

Welcome to AK Terry!
Many of us consider ourselves addicts! Speakers, SS, Tubes, Turntables, CD players, Reel to reel, whatever, it's all good! Hey, we could be doing worst things, right?
We love pics, so post some of your collection when you get a chance.
There's plenty of very talented people here that love to pitch in and help with the projects were working on.
Cheers!
Glenn

Welcome to AK Terry!
Many of us consider ourselves addicts! Speakers, SS, Tubes, Turntables, CD players, Reel to reel, whatever, it's all good! Hey, we could be doing worst things, right?
We love pics, so post some of your collection when you get a chance.
There's plenty of very talented people here that love to pitch in and help with the projects were working on.
Cheers!
Glenn
Thanks glenn and all for the welcome Most of my problems are with American made gear, so it looks like ive found the right place Some of my stuff is older than me KEF Concerto,s from late 60s still sound good ,as do the Bose 901 series 6 , but then my hearings damaged from years in industry and age Regards Terry

Welcome Terry! I spent a couple of years living in your "Outback". My first child was born there. Despite the post above, this an unusually helpful place. Lots of resources and collective wisdom here.

Back
Top Bottom