The NEW Grado Hum Database

Grado Green1 on Dual 1219 - No Hum
Grado Green1 on Rega P3 - Slight hum towards center of LP
Grado Green1 on Lenco L75 - Slight hum

I am running a Grado Black on an AR ES1 with the original arm with no hum. Seems to be a nice match.

Grado Black on a AR the turntable with original tonearm, slight hum when in the arm rest, gets louder as it nears the end of the record, audible when playing soft passages and between tracks.
No audible hum with M97xe.
Which is a shame, because i rather like the Grado over the M97xe with this TT.

EDIT: Ok apparently, it is humming now with the M97xe, checked all wires/connections, they're all good.
So i am pretty sure it is motor related.

Last edited:
I apologize that the database had been neglected for a bit, but it is now updated it with all the entries that members have sent me via PM. Please check to see that your listings are there and that they are correct. If you see a listing that you think is yours for which there is no contributor listed, please contact me and let me know. I added this field because I felt it important that people could obtain more specific details of the hum problems with the members who posted them.

I have also discovered a feature which allows me to attach a comment. You'll see a small orange triangle in the upper right corner of the cell and when you place the cursor over the cell, the comment will appear. I'll be adding these as I go back through the contributions that have been provided since I started maintaining the database.

Also please remember: Do not post entries in this thread--PM me. Thanks you very much.

Last edited:
Great work! This is what makes AK such a unique and valuable place!

Sony PS-X600 Grado Black No Hum

Thank you for all the kind words. I give Sansui Louis the credit for starting the database and I am happy to continue to maintain it.

Please PM me with your Grado hum report. It's the only way to be sure it will be entered in the database.

Last edited:
Please DO NOT post entries in this thread. PM me with your Grado hum report. It's the only way to be sure it will be entered in the database.

For anyone trying to PM me, my inbox was full. I apologize for the inconvenience. It is cleared and you can continue to PM me your Grado hum reports. Thanks.

Grado database has been updated. My apologies to all who have attempted to contact me with questions or with database entries. Been busy trying to survive.

Back
Top Bottom