The new Technics sp 10R details .PDF

Just wanted to let everyone know the 10 types of tonearm bases that will be available at the launch of the SP-10R:

-
Technics (EPA-100mk2)

- SME (short/long)

- Ortofon (short/long)

- JELCO (short/long)

- Ikeda (short/long)

- Universal (No holes)

Thanks, Robert. When you see Tetsuya-san can you ask him if the side of the 10R chassis is chamfered? The original SP-10 is, and therefore the armboard has a complimentary chamfer. I’m concerned that if the 10R doesn’t have the same chamfer, the original armboard won’t fit.

Just wanted to let everyone know the 10 types of tonearm bases that will be available at the launch of the SP-10R:

-
Technics (EPA-100mk2)

- SME (short/long)

- Ortofon (short/long)

- JELCO (short/long)

- Ikeda (short/long)

- Universal (No holes)
Robert can you buy just the base and plinth without tonearm?

Thanks, Robert. When you see Tetsuya-san can you ask him if the side of the 10R chassis is chamfered? The original SP-10 is, and therefore the armboard has a complimentary chamfer. I’m concerned that if the 10R doesn’t have the same chamfer, the original armboard won’t fit.
All the pictures I have seen looks like it's 90 degree angle. No chamfer. Panasonic-Technics-Direct-Drive-Turntable-Unveiled-at-IFA-2017-Featured-image-672x372.jpg

Ya, that’s what I’m afraid of. I’m holding on to a thread of hope as they boast compatability.

Last edited:
@JP, yes, I'll ask and get back to you. Glad this came up now so if they did not accommodate the chamfer it's still time to make the machining change in the final production.

@bob06, yes, you can buy just the tonearm base holder, SRP is $2k. Sorry to say no for the plinth alone.

Last edited:
I know they perform better than they have a right to but that is one table I doubt I will have in my quiver. To my taste they look cheap.

You really need to see and hear this deck. It was the best sonic performance at the high-end audio at CES exhibits, which was all located at the Venetian hotel. This bold statement was uttered by all of the professional reviewers I meet at CES.

The precision fit and finish is better than anything I have ever seen. The $2k arm board price is the SRP.

I don't think you can find any TT at any price that can deliver a higher S/N ratio or a better Wow and Flutter spec. Differences that you can actually measure and hear with high-end systems.

Thanks, Robert. I hope they do - pretty big miss on being backwards compatible if they don't.

This is what I want to know about:

0118PLATT.jpg

Is it possible to buy the turntable motor, platter and the accompanying umbilically joined control electronics without the square metal surround? As shown in that photo above? Not the extra $10,000 plinth. The square metal surround to the motor unit. I'd consider buying the rest without the surround.

This is what I want to know about:

0118PLATT.jpg

Is it possible to buy the turntable motor, platter and the accompanying umbilically joined control electronics without the square metal surround? As shown in that photo above? Not the extra $10,000 plinth. The square metal surround to the motor unit. I'd consider buying the rest without the surround.
Yes, It's called the SP-10R. The motor with the electronics is $10,000. You want the plinth with arm add another 10gs.

Back
Top Bottom