The Official KEF R107 Owners Registry

Hello all
You can add me to the club, and so far in the race, it would seem that I have the newest pair:thmbsp:
107/2 - rosewood - 2112L and 2112R
Kube serial 1924
Theese have been my main speakers for over ten years, and I remember asking the guy I bought them from, about the difference in serials, and he said that the Kube came along with the speakers from new. I cant imagine I would ever need or want another set of speakers
Steen

Wow, I'm now wondering if maybe they abandoned matching the serial number to the speaker when they switched to the R107/2. This would explain why Frommer's and Dyolf's are different? :scratch2:

And we now have a higher number for the R107/2... Dyolf's are the youngest /2's!!!

Last edited:
SS, your title is spelled wrong: Fondry?

As I told Heather, you're limited in the number of characters in your description, and I came up one short. So "Foundry" wouldn't fit but "Fondry" does.... and yes, I'm very "Fond" of my KEF's!!!

There ya have it... only took a couple years for anyone to notice!!!

... and Heather gets the prize!!! ;)

Hello,
To everyone, I am new owner of 107 also I have 104/2. Kef 107 speaker and KUBE serial number is 12XX. I have one question about bass drivers, has anybody see that kind of protection instead of donut in the center of the driver?

Last edited:
Hello,
To everyone, I am new owner of 107 also I have 104/2. Kef 107 speaker and KUBE serial number is 1264. I have one question about bass drivers, has anybody see that kind of protection instead of donut in the center of the driver?

Thanks Sleppy... this fits in with what we have... The highest Serial Number Documented with "Captive Lead KUBE" is still #1856!

As for your Bass Driver, that looks like a refoam job before they had the center donuts available as a replacement. I do not believe that is original. I've never seen a KEF B250 that has that type of center dounut. And is the outside surround rubber? The B250's never had a rubber surround...

Do you know if they were repaired?

I know that they have been serviced three years ago at www.audiolab.nl , but don't know what has been done, things instead of center donuts looks to god to be serviced, but I guess outer surrounds have been replaced, but thing is that my kef 104/2 have rubber surrounds and have never been replaced. This is serial number of the woofer, to me it looks fairly low.

Last edited:
Well this could be a new beta for us!

The KUBE on this pair for sale in Broomfield, CO have a Serial #4536. If it matches the speakers, that would make them the youngest First Gen R107 pair that we have seen. It also has the later "Hz" Attenuation, rather than the 1-4 Scale. I still have 3585 as the LOWEST KUBE with the Hz Increments. Does anyone have a KUBE that is lower with that designation? I'll start tracking that as well.

I'm going to enquire to see if we can get some more info.

Man these look nice, but pretty steep at the asking price, especially since the Kube doesn't have a power supply.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• KEF 107 Kube.jpg
    KEF 107 Kube.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 77
  • KEF 107 Pic1.jpg
    KEF 107 Pic1.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 34
  • KEF 107 Kube1.jpg
    KEF 107 Kube1.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
OK Folks,

While I wait on a reply to that one pair, there is another pair on daBay that has now bumped up the documented First Gen R107 serial number to 4611. Here's the image proof:

attachment.php

Attachments

• KEF 107 Pic5.jpg
    KEF 107 Pic5.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 70
  • KEF 107 Pic4.jpg
    KEF 107 Pic4.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 27
Well this could be a new beta for us!

The KUBE on this pair for sale in Broomfield, CO have a Serial #4536....

I'm going to enquire to see if we can get some more info.

Well the KUBE matches the speakers, so that's another one that matches. But the 4611 Serial number is now the youngest regardless!

Add me to the list, R107's with KUBE in Rosewood. Let me know if you want any contributions or observations on mine that would help the cause.

Add me to the list, R107's with KUBE in Rosewood. Let me know if you want any contributions or observations on mine that would help the cause.

Hi McCarty... did you buy Canuckers' R107's? List your serial numbers and the details of your KUBE (does the serial number match the speakers, does it have the Hz indicators, is it captive lead).

Welcome to the club! :thmbsp:

Hi McCarty... did you buy Canuckers' R107's? List your serial numbers and the details of your KUBE (does the serial number match the speakers, does it have the Hz indicators, is it captive lead).

Welcome to the club! :thmbsp:

Nope they aren't mine.. mine were Walnut and sold to someone local. John's a little far away from me :)

I wish mine were Rosewood though, man they look sharp in that veneer!

Yup! If I had Canucks they would be turnkey!

My info:

SN: 3564
KUBE SN: match
HZ: no hz marking visible

Do not understand the captive lead concept.

Yup! If I had Canucks they would be turnkey!

My info:

SN: 3564
KUBE SN: match
HZ: no hz marking visible

Do not understand the captive lead concept.

What he means by captive is there are RCA cables attached to the KUBE, instead of having RCA sockets.

Well the KUBE matches the speakers, so that's another one that matches. But the 4611 Serial number is now the youngest regardless!

Isn't the serial # of the KUBE posted by frommerstop a couple pages back the youngest? It was 4735, I think (I could be off, going by memory here).

Isn't the serial # of the KUBE posted by frommerstop a couple pages back the youngest? It was 4735, I think (I could be off, going by memory here).

Well, it could be, but we don't have the speakers to verify it. It is sounding like the KUBE and the Speakers should match, but I don't want to open that kettle of fish again. In my personal opinion, it seems weird that KEF wouldn't have matched everything. But again, I don't want to state that they MUST match to be a properly configured set.

Am I the new winner of the earliest serial number challenge?

No, the 4611's are the youngest we have found. But I am interested in what the front of your KUBE looks like. If you go to post #2 in the thread you'll see what we are talking about. At some point KEF changed the Extension Increments from being 1-4, to being incremented in Hz (50-18). If you have the Hz increments then you have set a new threshold for when they changed over to that!

Let us know McCarty!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom