The official Music score thread

...well it was last night....I'm at Ace adventure part/white water rafting in WV ...a band called...of the Dell played "Tommy" end to end ! They did a GREAT job! I'll have too look them up.

Th holidays continue to be good to me. My largest ever music score was on Memorial Day. Today, on Independence Day, I scored 17 vintage albums mostly from the mid-70s to the mid-80s. I could have had a LOT more (like more than 50), but I'm picky about condition, and some of them weren't to my taste.

Here's what I brought home:

Michael Jackson - Thiller
The Police -Ghost in the Machine
a-ha - Hunting High and Low
Bruce Springsteen - Born in the U.S.A.
Journey - Escape
Bryan Adams - Reckless
Pat Benatar - Crimes of Passion
Jethro Tull - Aqualung
Bon Jovi - Slippery when Wet
Don Henley - Building the Perfect Beast
Billy Joel - An Innocent Man
George Harrison - Cloud Nine (still sealed)
Various Artists - Easy Rider Music from the Soundtrack
Blue Oyster Cult - Agents of Fortune
Little River Band - First under the Wire
Def Leppard - Pyromania
Motley Crue - Theater of Pain

Music_Score_July_4_2018.jpg

I don't even know where to begin...

Ok, I do:

Fugees_-_The_Score.jpg

This pretty much sums up my morning trip to Goodwill.

Total count: 32 albums, all recent releases, all in near mint to mint condition, a couple still sealed, many colored vinyl, most 180g or 200g. 10 double albums at $4.99 each, 22 single albums at $2.99.

Easily the biggest music score of my life. In all my years of Goodwill hunting, I have seen (and bought) a total of one recent (last 10 years) release. About a month ago, I picked up a sealed copy of the 2008 re-issue of Metallica - Metallica (The Black Album).

Now this. I am overwhelmed. So much new music to listen to...

OK, here's all 32 albums from my Memorial Day Mega Score:

Music_Score_Memorial_Day_2018_4.jpg

Umphrey's McGee - Safety in Numbers
Fugees - The Score
Various Artists - Baby Driver: Music from the Motion Picture
St. Vincent - Strange Mercy
St. Vincent - S/T

Music_Score_Memorial_Day_2018_1.jpg

Big Bill Broonzy - Big Bill Broonzy Sings Folksongs
Paramore - S/T
Metallica - Master of Puppets
Surf City - Jekyll Island
M. Ward - Post War
Julia Holter - Have you in my Wilderness
Blessed Feather - There will be no Sad Tomorrow
Various Artists - Doom Side of the Moon
A Tribe Called Quest - Midnight Marauders

Music_Score_Memorial_Day_2018_2.jpg

Junclassic - Words are Weapons
Various Artists - The Paste Sampler: Summer 2017
Various Artists - The Paste Sampler: Spring 2017
Conor Oberst - Ruminations
The Dionne Farris Charlie Hunter Duo - DionneDionne
Samantha Crain & Jim Avett - Daytrotter Presents No. 27
Scratch & The Upsetters - Super Ape
Beverly - The Blue Swell
Glass Animals - How to be a Human Being

Music_Score_Memorial_Day_2018_3.jpg

Beck - Odelay
Foals - What Went Down
Young Jesus - S/T
Garbage - Strange Little Birds
Becca Stevens - Regina
Run the Jewels - 2
Grace Potter - Midnight
DIIV - Is The Is Are
Hot Chip - In Our Heads

So I’m going through another donated collection of vinyl today out in the garage. The collection is one of the most cared for I’ve seen. I have a keeper pile going, and a send off pile. The keeper pile is unusually large.
Then this:
48F68591-51E1-443F-8805-9AAA680402E3.jpeg812592EF-1CC7-4814-8ABF-062008EC33DC.jpeg
Way cool in more ways than one!

Not sure if this counts as a "score" as it's the most I've ever spent on records at one time, even with a 20% off discount code and free shipping, but I took advantage of the sale to get some of the best pressings available of some excellent albums. The goal here was maximum sound quality, not necessarily the maximum value I seek when shopping at the thrift stores. Anyway, this is my early Christmas present to myself. They just arrived this morning and I look forward to giving them a listen tonight:

Tea-for-the-Tillerman-1.jpg

Love-Over-Gold-1.jpg

Joshua-Tree-1.jpg

Nevermind-1.jpg

Random-Access-Memories.jpg

@MCM_Fan FANtastic choices! Jealous!

Thanks! Just spun Love Over Gold and listening to Random Access Memories now. These sound so good. This is why I love vinyl.

I'm saving Tea for the Tillerman for last. I have three other copies, but they are from Goodwill and an estate sale. I've been wanting a clean copy forever. I've read so many glowing reviews the the Analogue Productions/Quality Record Pressings version, but it was initially $50 when it came out and prices have risen into the $65 - $75 range on eBay. When I noticed Acoustic Sounds had it back in stock and I had a 20% off coupon, I couldn't resist any longer.

4219CA24-164E-4BD6-8A2C-2F0D7AD78B53.jpeg Picked this used copy of “Endless River” yesterday at a local record/book store. I know it is not everyone’s cup of tea (apparently true of this copy’s previous owner since it is in excellent condition) but I like it and thought it a bargain for $10. Also got the Deluxe Edition of “Mad Dogs and Englishmen”.

Back
Top Bottom