The Official *Technics SL-1200* Owners Club

Do you mean the record clamp used in the standard position of 1/4 Technics mat or up side Down? I already ordered record clamp it will arrive soon.

never seen that kind of damage, but that being said you can always check on e bay for a new plinth, they got it in all color s of the rainbow! remind me a car that had some break liquid on it,how s the mechanics of it... bearings ,platter,wiring , cuz for 250.00 it sound really good price, i just paid 900.00 cdn funds for mine a week ago

In a reply to another thread, a member said he recommended that if someone had a good performing TT that instead of seeking an upgrade of a more expensive table, they get a much better cart instead. How many '1200 owners thought they had to buy something else to get better performance when a much better cart would really step up the SQ. I think the SL1200MK series qualifies as a good performer even in stock form. I recently bought a $500 cart for my '1200. A $500 cartridge on a $400 turntable? Some would think I'm nuts. Truth be told, with the mods my deck has, I feel it could have handled an even higher-end cart. Finances allowing of course :D

I guess my point is if you can swing it, don't be afraid to put an expensive cart on your '1200. It's a good enough TT for it.

I coundt agree with you more its a fantastic tt, my bud just bought the neww luxman flagship with a jelco arm pd 171 a with all the bell and witsle cost him close to 10,000.00 cdn:yikes: and he was kinda amazed of the sound of the sl 1200 mk 5 and it doesnt even have upgrades on it simply a ortofon om 30:eek::thumbsup:

My SL is a big upgrade and making me think I need a new cartridge. Not sure if I should upgrade to a new cartridge or upgrade to a line contact stylus for my Shure M97XE.

The issue is the number of cartridges out there is truly astounding and overwehlming.

i realy think you got something very nice and you should upgrade the line contac and maybe a KAB SL-1200 Fluid Damper Tweak check out this site for anything related to the sl 1200 series youl be happy you did , it give you a lot of insight on the ttwww.kabusa.com cya !

"The issue is the number of cartridges out there is truly astounding and overwhelming."

Boy you hit the nail on the head with that one. That's the thing with the '1200. Put a modest cart on it and it sounds good. Put a much better cart on it and it'll sound even better.
I considered getting one of those styli for my M97XE but I knew I'd want a better cart down the road. I also wanted to try a MC cart and didn't want to start with an "entry level" one.

let me ask you this , what kind of music are you into, cuz for me im mostly in soft jazz vocal and instrumental, also in soft rock and the ortofon om 30 does it all and then some i find it to be so true to life ,its like having the band in your living room and that cart with needle (mm) is about 375.00 cdn fund on e bay brand new

it is bud you cant go wrong but i have to tell you ...you have to adjust the cart perfecly to the sl meaning cart adjustments for the sl have a good time with youre fantastic table regards Mitch

I'd like to have a fancy answer, but I'm at around 95% rock of some variety. Need something that handles all that stuff well.

Back
Top Bottom