The one kitchen tool you can't do without.

Grandma's double burner cast iron griddle. From about 1910 I think. It's the cats meow on a proper gas stove.
If electric leave it in the closet.

My Shun Bob Kramer 8" Chef's Knife - this does all my cutting in the kitchen. And it *stays* sharp
SBK1-Shun-Bob-Kramer.jpg

The only thing my wife and I agreed would be a sticking point if we ever got divorced, best vegetable peeler I've ever used, most are worse than useless.

459af714733f160c9e69838490f8365a.jpg

The only thing my wife and I agreed would be a sticking point if we ever got divorced, best vegetable peeler I've ever used, most are worse than useless.

View attachment 1299316

That looks pretty interesting. Who makes it? I can't quite read it.
I've been pretty impressed with my Cutco peeler. Peeling butternut squash with that thing is a breeze. Just did one last night!

Edit: Nevermind. Just found it. Westmark Pomfix I believe? Looks impressive.

We can all meet at the cutting board.
At the Cutting Board
...sounds like a great name for a cooking show!
I can see it now.
A chef shown from the chest down doing the work with the leeetle greeen froggie on the side narrating the show.
Wouldn't it would be awesome to have famous Chef or Celebrity guests and not show their face till the end of the episode.

Last edited:
That looks pretty interesting. Who makes it? I can't quite read it.
I've been pretty impressed with my Cutco peeler. Peeling butternut squash with that thing is a breeze. Just did one last night!

Edit: Nevermind. Just found it. Westmark Pomfix I believe? Looks impressive.
Makes peeling vegetables a breeze, I really can't explain just how much better this is than any other peeler I've ever used. It's only issue is with large flat areas as the blade is curved.

Most important tool --- A quality chef's knife(mine's a Victorinox)
Gadget I can't do without --- This super simple hard plastic dish scraper

006.JPG

IMG_1008.JPG
While we are talking knives, here are the 3 Shun's out of my set. The Shun Premier CHef at top. The Shun Classic boning in the middle. Last but not least is the Shun Edo serrated paring knife. It is one of 3 paring knives I have. I bought it because I did not have a serrated knife in my set, except a bread knife. It has turned out to be the most used knife I have. They sell it straight edge too. They have all made love on my board many times.

My Shun Bob Kramer 8" Chef's Knife - this does all my cutting in the kitchen. And it *stays* sharp
SBK1-Shun-Bob-Kramer.jpg
I've almost pulled the trigger on that knife many times. It will go on sale a few times a year @ cutlery and more at good discounts. It almost looks to good to use. Did yours come with the stand? The stand would give it too easy an access. Say, I didn't use the BBQ sauce my girlfriend wanted me to use and she got real mad. She could grab that thing and I would be dead when I got to the fridge. But by the time she decided which one she needed to pull from my block, I'd be in the yard waving down a car.

I've almost pulled the trigger on that knife many times. It will go on sale a few times a year @ cutlery and more at good discounts. It almost looks to good to use. Did yours come with the stand? The stand would give it too easy an access. Say, I didn't use the BBQ sauce my girlfriend wanted me to use and she got real mad. She could grab that thing and I would be dead when I got to the fridge. But by the time she decided which one she needed to pull from my block, I'd be in the yard waving down a car.
Well, I didn't buy the knife.

A long time friend, who is an obsessive knife nut/collector, gave it to me after I kept complaining on one of our ritual morning walks about how my Henckels would not keep a f'in edge.

He knows Bob Kramer, has several of his knives and the one I got was 'just laying around'.

I found a local knife shop that caters to the higher end like chefs and the advice I got was to use a ceramic honing rod to keep the edge touched up. But the cool thing about the Kramer is that I can get the edge brought back to surgical sharp for free - for life. Just bring it in!

Back
Top Bottom