The Orville

So that was Liam Neeson! I thought it was but then thought, naaah. Now I read that Sir Patrick Stewart is going to do a Cameo also, can't wait for that.
The show is different for sure. There has been some bizarrely poignant and inspiring moments. The humor is kinda odd too. Makes it interesting.

:rflmao:
mean-santa21.jpg

My S. O., who recently had a leg amputated, and I watched the last episode with the practical joke subplot and laughed ourselves silly with the straight faced outrageousness of the payback. Good one, Seth!

I binge watched to catch up and I must say it is more than I was expecting. Humor at times is a little odd but seems work anyway. Seth said in an interview he wanted it to be a place where you'd want to be and not some sterile environment like so many series seem to suggest. I'm thinking I'll be watching more when I can.

I just watched the one with Charlene Theirzon (sp?) ans I gotta hand it to them. They are getting the blend between old school Star Trek and The Three Stooges down pretty well. It may not be high art but it sure is fun to watch.

I just watched the one with Charlene Theirzon (sp?) ans I gotta hand it to them. They are getting the blend between old school Star Trek and The Three Stooges down pretty well. It may not be high art but it sure is fun to watch.

It's certainly clicked for me and I am enjoying it. While watching I sort of forget it isn't some bizarre backwater of the Federation and ST:TNG.

Off-topic but there is a similar style show on Netflix called Norsemen. It's basically about bringing modern problems front & center to 900AD Vikings and it is hysterical -

https://www.netflix.com/title/80180182

I like it a lot, I'll be watching and getting involved in the story, thinking I'm watching Star Trek Orville, and then they'll drop a joke to remind you that nope, you're not watching ST.

I bet CBS is seething.

Sneak peek of the new season ... should be at least as funny as the Griffins visiting Springfield ...

orville-simpsons.jpg

Well, two episodes into season two and, I gotta say, it seems to be taking a turn towards the seriously weird.

This season seems a little more serious than last, but the puns are there. Sometimes, you just have to catch them.

First two episodes seem like a remake of some 90's teen drama, complete garbage! Losing me here McFarland.

Sorry I wrote seasons instead of episodes.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom