The Party's over........

Andyman

Scroungus Stereophilus
Subscriber
Yep, another AKFest is over. Hard to believe.

I've been to the last three and come away every year stunned at how Grumpy manages to surpass the excellence and high standards set the prior year, yet somehow he manages to do it. Thanks, Dave:thmbsp:

And I know he doesn't do it alone, Nancy, Ernie and Linda, all their friends, family, mods, members, that all pitch in with whatever needs to be done, thanks to all of you too for making it the event it is.

And thanks to all the vendors for their generosity in the gift donations and for supporting the Fest with their rooms and superb demos.

Finally thanks to all who attended and make this event the success it is; without you it would only be a bunch of rooms of very expensive gear.

Very nice...thanks Andy...it will be nice to hear other's thoughts and favorite aspects of the Fest too. Sounds like a great event!!

Andyman said:
Yep, another AKFest is over. Hard to believe.

I've been to the last three and come away every year stunned at how Grumpy manages to surpass the excellence and high standards set the prior year, yet somehow he manages to do it. Thanks, Dave:thmbsp:

And I know he doesn't do it alone, Nancy, Ernie and Linda, all their friends, family, mods, members, that all pitch in with whatever needs to be done, thanks to all of you too for making it the event it is.

And thanks to all the vendors for their generosity in the gift donations and for supporting the Fest with their rooms and superb demos.

Finally thanks to all who attended and make this event the success it is; without you it would only be a bunch of rooms of very expensive gear.
What he said! A huge thanks to Grumpy and his family,Ernie & Linda ,& to everyone else who had a hand in making this years fest the great success that it was....David

This was my 3rd fest and I have to say that Grumpy and Nancy have this down to a science.This event seems to get more refined every year.Great gear , wonderfull people. What more can you ask for. Hats off AK.

I'm lucky enough to have received a personal call from Grumpy 4 years ago inviting me to attend the first AKfest. I consider it to be one of the best solicitation phone calls I have ever recieved. This thing just gets better every year. I personally maybe a vendor but I actually attend the fest with the attitude that its a little audio vacation. Nothing like it........ just simply a blast. Big thanks to all that help make it happen.

Craig

Thanks to all who organized, arranged, helped, displayed at, sponsored etc etc..

It was an awesome show! I can't wait for AKFest 2008.

My third one too. It really does get better every year. Going to be hard to top this one, but I'm sure our leaders will burn some grey matter after a much deserved coold down. Thanks for all of the effort.
It's pretty much the most fun you can have with your clothes on. :D

As usual, Grumpy and family worked tirelessly to pull this one off. Luvvinvinyl seemed to be everywhere at once, keeping things organized and flowing smoothly. Thanks to all who did the grunt work, and to those who came to enjoy the fun.

Another great event and extremely fun time. Much thanks to Grump, Nancy, Ernie, Linda and all the others who worked so hard to pull this off.

I know this thing has been all consuming for months with these guys and when you see them still at it into the wee hours of the night you get a sense of the work involved. Never did see Grump sitting to have a listen to anything (I think he's sick of audio right about now) but it was nice to see Ernie briefly enjoying some tunes and special bourbon and one point - even if it was about 3:00am.

Yes as said above, fearless leader Grumpy leading the troops got the job done
once again this year with another even better killer fest, all the helping hands
he had including ms grump and the other family members not to mention others
like Luvvinvinyl and more gettin done what had to be done with a smile on!

Thank you all, yu know I'll be lookin forward to next year.

Billfort said:
... but it was nice to see Ernie briefly enjoying some tunes and special bourbon and one point - even if it was about 3:00am.

Dat stuff was smooooove. What with that, the Courvoisier and multiple entries of about 6 different beers, I was pretty relaxed. Then the guy from across thehall walked in and handed me a glass of absinthe, and the tunes got real.

Maybe next year I'll be able to spend more than an hour, but the short time I was there, it was evident that it was another well run, well attended, and well enjoyed weekend. Thanks and congrats to all involved!

It's now Monday morning and I still feel whipped but I had a blast. Thanks Dave, Ernie, Nancy, Linda and all those who had a hand in this thing. Best year ever.

My third, I think. Fourth?

Another outstanding result! The most organized and well-run Fest yet. Everybody's just getting more smooth every year. Thanks to Dave, Nancy, Ernie, and all involved.

And, thanks to all the vendors who attended. Especially Madisound, who decided to come at the last minute.

Something went well since Nadia already said she wants to go next year. As already said thanks to everyone who ran and orginized the show. And a special thanks to Ed (Squidward) and Jim (Jim H B). Ed was kind enough to swing by the airport on his way to the show and Jim gave Rob, Nadia and I a lift back.

Kudos to Dave, Nancy, and all of the people who worked so hard to pull this off. This was an outstanding fest this year! Tracy and I had a blast, and can't wait for the next one!

Mark

I too join the thanks to all the named and unnamed folks who make this work.

I doubt it would be possible to have more learning and good company in one spot. Hats off, guys!

Pete

Mucho gracias to everyone from me too. The "staffers" all did a wonderful job.

I'm already planning to go next year, and after my wife heard about the good time I had, she said she wants to go next year too. :)

My girlfriend and I had a great time. The people behind the scenes did a magnificent job once again. This one was my favorite so far.

Back
Top Bottom