The Pioneer "eXclusive" Gear Thread!

@ monstermania:

This stuff is being offererd very rarely, one has to be lucky and very patient.. especially outside of Japan, the numbers are extremely small, so it takes time (years) to find what you are looking for..

Even if it shows anywhere, it still going to end in the Koninkrijk der Nederlanden :pity:
@monstermania - sing The Wilhelmus five times a day everyday, then maybe the gods might have some mercy on you and your luck:D

OK, I'm really glad that I joined AK now. For years, I have heard about the Pioneer Exclusive products, but have never seen a picture of a single component. Today, a member referred me to this thread - wow.

I have a unique Pioneer component, but know very little about its origin - a Pioneer PD-T07 Stable Platter CD Player. I traded a Pioneer rep out of this unit in about 1996, and I've had it ever since. It has been a real treat to own, although I don't use at as frequently as I once did. Unfortunately, I have never been able to use it's XLR outputs because I've never owned a preamp or amplifier that was fully balanced.

Can any of you in this thread tell me more about the unit I own? I'm going to attempt to attach a few pics of it.

Attachments

• display.jpg
    display.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 119
  • inside1.jpg
    inside1.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 98
  • rear.jpg
    rear.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 103
OK, I'm really glad that I joined AK now. For years, I have heard about the Pioneer Exclusive products, but have never seen a picture of a single component. Today, a member referred me to this thread - wow.

I have a unique Pioneer component, but know very little about its origin - a Pioneer PD-T07 Stable Platter CD Player. I traded a Pioneer rep out of this unit in about 1996, and I've had it ever since. It has been a real treat to own, although I don't use at as frequently as I once did. Unfortunately, I have never been able to use it's XLR outputs because I've never owned a preamp or amplifier that was fully balanced.

Can any of you in this thread tell me more about the unit I own? I'm going to attempt to attach a few pics of it.

This looks to be a silver version of the PD-75 stable plater it also has XLR outputs.

It is not eXclusive, though. Shouldn't belong here. It is on par with PD-75. I think there is a difference. PD-75 is not a Legato, but I think T-07 is. T-09 is the same as PD-95, and Pioneer did not make any better spinners than that.

Tad tsm-1

I just got a pair of these TADs. I guess they are the same as eXclusive 2401s.
Serial numbers are 00007 & 00008. They sound great and in excellent condition!

Attachments

• IMG_9661.jpg
    IMG_9661.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_9665.jpg
    IMG_9665.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_9670.jpg
    IMG_9670.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 133

Excellent find. Those are at the top of my wish list.

Welcome to the forum and nice listening room. :thmbsp:

GREAT speakers! I'd love to find a pair of the single ones myself one day..

You are using a D-23 with them?

They are hard to find, that's for sure!

GREAT speakers! I'd love to find a pair of the single ones myself one day..

You are using a D-23 with them?

They are hard to find, that's for sure!

You have sharp eyes! No the D23 is not being used with the TSM-1s. I've used it with WE594s and TD4001s for thirty years with eight cell tar filled metal horns and various LF speakers including corner horns. The TH4001s sound very good, I did not realize my old metal horns where more suited for a public address system!

hello all - i have a pair of 2251 pioneer exclusive speakers and keen to find out more about them - this thread looks a great place to start

i am deciding if I prefer them to my tannoy golds - chalk and cheese but both good at the moment - any tips on getting the best out of them would be much appreciated

kind regards
Darren

im actually heading into japan-hong kong- mainland china (mainly guangzhou) on a business trip in the spring and am thinking of upgrading to c3-m3-f3(maybe) does anyone hav a idea where to look and prices

@ Darren: are you powering them active or passive?
the sound will certainly be influenced alot by their position. What kind of stands are you using if any?

@ twinsin: check Hifido and Yahoo japan Auctions. The C3/M3/F3 is a good choice, I still am very fond of mine and will enjoy them for many more years to come.

im actually heading into japan-hong kong- mainland china (mainly guangzhou) on a business trip in the spring and am thinking of upgrading to c3-m3-f3(maybe) does anyone hav a idea where to look and prices

I'd prefer M4 over M3 any given day

br
Mertol

w3, where did you come across those bad boys at, here in US, man their nice, how much did you have to pay. This thread is great, and I thought I had seen most everything pioneer, i"ve never seen any of this stuff. Of coarse you wouldnt in Texas or Miami, my two hangouts. I would love to do a side by with those pioneers vs my klipsch.

w3, where did you come across those bad boys at, here in US, man their nice, how much did you have to pay. This thread is great, and I thought I had seen most everything pioneer, i"ve never seen any of this stuff. Of coarse you wouldnt in Texas or Miami, my two hangouts. I would love to do a side by with those pioneers vs my klipsch.

I have some pioneer/TAD equivalent 2402s running fully active which I adore. Also own a pioneer active D-23 which I also adore. There is a small problem with the D23 in that the high right channel frequency is not matched with the left channel so I need to use the balance controls to match them.

I took it to a highly experienced tech who could not fix it so I'm wondering where you guys are sending your pioneer gear for repair?

Thanks
DJ

Good evening Gents,

I was wondering if any of you owns an original pair of CP-2251 (original stands for the 2251 speakers).
If someone does..would you mind let me know the specs (material and dimensions) ?

Thanks

AP

What I realized, almost all Exclusive-components, sold only in Japan, had no Pioneer written at the front.:scratch2:
Besides F-3 and M4
Exclusive components sold worldwide, had a smal Pioneer fonts in the front.
(C3,M3,M6,C7,M7,M8)

You are very right Siamac: the first series sold in Japan only had the Pioneer tag on the front, being the C3, M3, M4 and F3. All the other components only had eXclusive written on them indeed..

I noticed that myself as well some years ago. However: The C7 and M7 did have the Pioneer tag on them, both in Japan and in Europe..

:scratch2:

Back
Top Bottom