The Prisoner

ekmanning5

Time has told me...
The GW was fresh out of vinyl yesterday so I took a quick look to see what VHS tapes were available. Picked up The Deer Hunter, Resevoir Dogs, 2001, 2010, a couple of others that escape me right now, and more importantly, 15 episodes of The Prisoner. My 14 year old son and I are going to try and watch an episode a night together over the next two weeks. I'm pretty excited to say the least.

OvenMaster said:
15? IIRC, there were 17 episodes to the whole series:scratch2:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Prisoner_episodes
I managed to snag 'em all when my local PBS outlet aired them in the early '90s. You'll love this. One of these days I gotta watch 'em again before my videotapes crumble.
Tom
I kind of figured that. I'm missing two in the middle somewhere. I'll never understand how that happens. Either buy them all or leave them all.:yes:

Best show ever made. I'm not exagerating, it's seriously my favorite television show ever.

Be seeing you.

Well, we just finished watching episode #1, "The Arrival". All my son could say was, "Man was that ever random". He liked it though.

I'm not a number...........I'm a free-man

muhahahahahaha

Great series from GB....always loved that series, but too many #2's IMHO

Lookout....here comes that blasted bubble WIPE OUT!

Do me a favor, please -- there's one where he complains about how everyone is acting (quite possibly the first episode, but not sure), and he mentions how people wave to each other, "it's almost like a salute". Which episode is this? I need to find that scene on YouTube or something. Or I can just borrow that episode from a friend of mine who has the whole series on DVD.

PS Great show.

Classic show. Right up there with the Avengers (with Diana Rigg as Mrs. Peal) and Doctor Who.

I was always fond of the giant bubblegum thing out in the ocean...

"Be seeing you!" :thmbsp:

Dusty Chalk said:
Do me a favor, please -- there's one where he complains about how everyone is acting (quite possibly the first episode, but not sure), and he mentions how people wave to each other, "it's almost like a salute". Which episode is this? I need to find that scene on YouTube or something. Or I can just borrow that episode from a friend of mine who has the whole series on DVD.

PS Great show.
I'll report back if we come across that scene.

Sounds like a good quality time with your son . But I dont think i have ever seen that show .... sound like i am missing out on some good tv. what bat-time and Bat -channel can it be found ?

Ps : Hello Ed. havn't talked to you since Rob's party . hope things are going well for you....

Ken

kenhappen2u said:
Sounds like a good quality time with your son . But I dont think i have ever seen that show .... sound like i am missing out on some good tv. what bat-time and Bat -channel can it be found ?

Ps : Hello Ed. havn't talked to you since Rob's party . hope things are going well for you....

Ken
Hey Ken,
Try your library, I imagine Naperville's would be pretty decent, and see if they have it or can get it. If they can't I'm sure I can arrange a road trip your way in a couple of weeks.

OvenMaster said:
15? IIRC, there were 17 episodes to the whole series:scratch2:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Prisoner_episodes
I managed to snag 'em all when my local PBS outlet aired them in the early '90s. You'll love this. One of these days I gotta watch 'em again before my videotapes crumble.
Tom

Worth getting one of those DVD/VHS recorders to save your old VHS tapes. I have a Panasonic, and it makes an amazing copy, and man, it could not be easier to use.

"I am NOT a number!"

Yamaha Nutz said:
Let's not forget Simon Templer....."The Saint"
Mr. Templer was the reason I went out and bought a Volvo P-1800... :thmbsp:

Yamaha Nutz said:
Must admit that the Brits put out some great TV series.
and comedy... don't forget comedy...
(Monty Python, The Two Ronnies, Alex Slade, Are you Being Served, etc.)

I have the license plate (part of my license plate collection<g>), KAR-120C, and all of the episodes of The Prisoner. One of my absolute favourite shows.

A good guide? Check this book:

Be seeing you.

Doc

Attachments

• p15 grill.JPG
    p15 grill.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 10
  • The Prisoner Companion.jpg
    The Prisoner Companion.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 9
Rumour is The Beeb is remaking it with Christopher Ecclestone and that's the reason he left Dr. Who ( apparently it was his favourite TV show too!).

Ray

Back
Top Bottom