The Recorded LIVE Playlist

The end is in sight! Looks like I have only 4 or 5 more Brubeck albums to play and post. Starting tonight with Take Five Carmen McRae - Dave Brubeck Recorded Live at Basin Street East. This is the 1973 Columbia Special Products JCS 9116 release of the original 1962 recording.
Several of these are Brubeck standards that have had lyrics added, some by Brubeck's wife Iola, just for Carmen to sing.

McRae Brubeck Take Five.JPG

Brubeck & Mulligan Live in Concert, recorded at the Berlin Jazz Festival 1970. Columbia Records of Canada GES 90100 double album.
Another two "eye" stereo record. With songs written by Brubeck, Desmond, Duke Ellington, W.C. Handy and Mulligan, the entire set is a little bit of jazz history. Great performances and an excellent recording all around.

Brubeck & Mulligan Live.JPG

Now up is Dave Brubeck Trio & Gerry Mulligan Live at the Berlin Philharmonic recorded live in 1972. Columbia KC 32143.
Mulligan's sax is just haunting on The Sermon on the Mount. The nature of live recording is such that it brings variation to the well known. Here that is especially apparent in their final encore, which they played some time after 3 a.m. surrounded on the stage by members of the audience, who had left their seats to sit under the piano or wherever they could find empty floor space. Dave said "The mood in the air was to play until dawn, but stage hands and the hall manager had different ideas. My several attempts to gather up the flock and head for home are heard in the unexpected and unfamiliar conclusion of "Lullaby of Mexico".

Live Berlin Phil.JPG

Well, I've done it. I have finally played all (almost) of my Brubeck albums, except for doubles, and best of, etc. I am ending tonight's session, and my Brubeck journey, with my most recent Brubeck purchase. Thanks to fuzzywobbles who first posted a Brubeck album I didn't own, forcing my hand, and onepixel who posted it recently reminding me that I had it, although not with the rest of the albums. :rolleyes:
The Dave Brubeck Quartet Concord On A Summer Night Concord Jazz CJ-198. Thanks guys, this album is great!

Concord Summer Night.JPG

Walter Trout Band - "Life in the Jungle"
Huntington Beach meets Copenhagen. Also some studio cuts from Sweden.

Last edited:
Jerry Garcia Band
1987-12-04 (night two)
Wiltern Theater
Los Angeles, Ca
Acoustic and Electric

Analog Ambient Recording by Moke
TFH -- A Journey to the Impact Zone
Sennheiser MKE2002 as AB omni stereo "Hat Trick"
Sony WM-D6C
Floor, center, just below balcony edge; rear of open floor seating.
Strictly No Recording Concerts

Back
Top Bottom