"The Upgrade Company" WTF?!

At least the house has a stereo. :dunno: :D

They cover the transformer with foil and cloth tape. Once the transformer can’t handle the heat anymore you are done. Ask Oppo about the upgrades. Adding foil or whatever might work but longevity could be an issue.

The house looks like it was foreclosed on recently. Would you send them money right now?

Somebody made a killing on that house to the tune of $400,000 in 4 days in 2017. If I’m interpreting things correctly, it was foreclosed on due to a debt of about $125,000, and then sold at below market price 4 days later for over $500,000.

Upgrade Company contact info is missing on the website. Only a phone number is listed at the top of the page. Probably working out of an apartment now.

According to his website, he holds 6 US Patents. Last I checked, the US Patent office doesn't hand those out unless they're deserved.

I hate to ruin what faith you have in that office, but the U.S. patent office has had a significant backlog for decades, and have granted many patents that were never reviewed by anybody. They have issued patents to people for:

• things that are obvious
  • things made entirely of prior art
  • things that cannot actually exist in real life due to the laws of physics
  • things that were already patented.

Its gotten to the point that scammers have taken advantage of it. And then there are the patent trollers, which is another story altogether.

They do occasionally review the patents to make sure they are deserved, but this takes quite a lot of time.

it felt nice to use bullet points.

What it take today to get a 'utility' patent can mean just about anything
Can be almost as simple as painting something
All a patent means is something, or an improvement, can't be copied unless done so with legal permission or authority
Like a license for example
I know several people who hold patents related to audio and they are broke

The company looks scandalous and broke imo! I guess if you call them they will let you know where to send your component? I have a feeling that website will be shut down pretty soon.

I can't speak for another other Mac gear, but my C712 preamp definitely would quality as cheap and crappy. The '90s weren't kind to McIntosh.

Back
Top Bottom