1. Rest in Peace Paul (Kegger) If you would like to help the family in this time of great sorrow and need, you may donate on their GoFundme page: https://www.gofundme.com/mckechnie-medical-and-funeral-fund?
    Dismiss Notice

The use of "B" speaker outputs. Why do you do it?

Discussion in 'AK Polls' started by jeffn, Dec 22, 2006.

?

Why do you use B speaker outputs

1. I use them to run 4 speakers simultaneously in the same room

40.7%
  2. I use them to run 2 pair in the same room but at different times

31.2%
  3. I use them to run a 2nd pair in a different room

13.3%
  4. I'd rather have an excuse for a 2nd amp than use B outputs

14.6%
  5. I don't have any B outputs, I wear thick glasses and have my pants pulled up really high.

12.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. BobHol

BobHol Old fart Subscriber

I have a loft overlooking the Family room. A speakers are some old Paradigm Phantoms that are on the computer desk for computer games and near field listening. B is hooked up to some KG5.2 Klipsh that point towards the Family room. The wife does not allow these speakers on the family room floor

2. ghostberry

ghostberry Active Member

I seem to get a fuller sound when using my Infinity SM 105's and Bose 301 Series IV alone they sound like crap! ha ha

3. 2channel*

2channel* AK Subscriber Subscriber

My hearing has improved, so I'm back to 2 speakers at a time on my A system. The Cantons for sublime listening and some Boston Acoustics T-830s for less than perfect recordings, although that may be an excuse to keep them for sentimental reasons.
    On the upstairs system the B terminals are used to power outside speakers. A nice little pair of old RCA 2 ways. Sometimes I do have the PSB Imagine XBs inside playing at the same time.

4. ghostberry

ghostberry Active Member

Hooked up two sets of speakers to Citation 19 and it is my brothers Celestion 23i's that do not sound all that great...has to of been the gear he used with his Citation 12 and 17 pre.

It sounds clean and runs cool so the load is 4 ohms.

I tried a Panasonic BD 50 using a CD then my computer with DAC Magic 100 and the computer wins IMO, fuller bass and not tinny. Go Devils!

5. kaplang

kaplang Works for me ! Subscriber

I have the remote connected to a switch that controls 2 sets of speakers. I have a set of speakers in 3 separate rooms and I can at my choice have 1 set, 2 sets or all 3 sets active.

6. pustelniakr

pustelniakr Silver Miner at Large Subscriber

I actually do have a separate amp, but I run 3 pairs of speakers, stacked floor to ceiling.

Enjoy,
    Rich P

7. RockFanatic

RockFanatic New Member

Nevermind

8. Dude111

Dude111 Analogue is Awesome

I only use 1 speaker. Hooked up to the B side....

I prefer MONO anyway so it works out OK.... I can listen to my cassettes,8 track tapes and VHS in MONO so its good....

OnTheBlitz likes this.
  9. OnTheBlitz

OnTheBlitz It's all good..Hunter my Dog Loves Pink Floyd :) Subscriber

None of the poll options are applicable for me. I use my amps both in a+b mode for bi-amping my Polk LSIM707's with two pairs of AudioQuest Rocket 33's reversed. Very convenient and clean interconnection.

10. OnTheBlitz

OnTheBlitz It's all good..Hunter my Dog Loves Pink Floyd :) Subscriber

Just going through old post. I'm just curious, do you actually prefer mono over stereo, if so, why?

11. Dude111

Sounds better......... I have always preferred Mono if i can listen that way......

12. 2channel*

Back to Mono! One of my favorite CD collections put out by Phil Spector. Fabulous if you like the old girl groups and the Wall of Sound. Came with a "BACK TO MONO" button, too. And the Phil Spector Christmas CD.

13. 2channel*

Do I smell sarcasm?

14. BOUXY

BOUXY Super Member

You prefer MONO?
    Why pray tell?
    STEREO played on a decent System blows away any MONO I have ever heard but of course you have to have a quality Stereo signal from whatever medium you are listening to.
    If you truly prefer Mono that's your perogative and happy listening:)

15. Dude111

Yup I truly really do but your right I have heard some records that sound good also (Stereo)

16. sunrayjack12

sunrayjack12 AK Subscriber Subscriber

I run stacked amps .

17. The Fuxtor

The Fuxtor AK Subscriber Subscriber

I run the b channel to my powered sub....

18. avionic

avionic " Black Knights" Subscriber

I use A,B and C, if applicable. Every time I check out amplifier functionality.

19. classic carl

classic carl Got Vinyl? Subscriber

Both of my power amps only have one set of speaker terminals. In my main system, the powered subs are connected from a second output from my preamp. On my laptop system, I use the B jacks on my integrated to A/B speakers or test out new acquisitions before deciding what needs to be done to them.

20. Eric Lloyd

Eric Lloyd AK Subscriber Subscriber

I have found that my Realistic T-120s and my Infinity SM-120s complement each other very well. The Realistics have great detail but are a little thin. The Infinitys, with a little insulating, have outstanding bottom end and a gratifying presence in the midrange. With all four together it's simply beautiful.