The very rare Sansui QR-6500 blue meter receiver

Robisme

Sansui Enthusiast
I believe this is the only one in existence.:yes: All the others have green meters.

Ask me how I know.:D

No affiliation whatsoever.

Rob

Okay thats a lot of write up on a cheap receiver, that price can net you a 9090db. Sad to say that I sold one with 2 sets of speakers and the reverb for that price.

OK, I'll bite, how do you know?

The meters were melted from the lamps so I replaced them with whatever I could find that would fit.

That was back when I owned it though.:yes:
I sold it quite a while back.

If it sells for that, he will more than quintuple his money.

Here it was when it was mine, with a stock one.

100_2135.jpg

Rob

Last edited:
The meters were melted from the lamps so I replaced them with whatever I could find that would fit.

That was back when I owned it though.:yes:
I sold it quite a while back.

Rob

Even the dent in top lip of the wood case is untouched...

and it "was owned by a Sansui collector, who carefully serviced it". <--- way to go Rob!

"...a seriously cool vintage classic piece of gear..."

Too many misplaced adjectives spoil the meaning...

"was owned by a Sansui collector, who carefully serviced it"

That's correct.

And when I was on the ranch, we used to let the bull out in the pasture to service the cows.:D

Don't ya love these guys? I remember selling a tatty pair of JBL L46 speakers to a guy who needed a cab to get them home. Literally they were on CL an hour later for 3x what I sold them to him for. Called them "Fresh, an Estate find!" Needless to say, they languished there on CL for a long time.

No, they don't bother me. I sold it for what I thought was a fair amount, so if he makes some $$, good for him.

If this is the guy that bought it from me, he is very nice, and has been using it up until now.

I was just pointing out how "rare" this one is.:D

It's a fun receiver.

Rob

Back
Top Bottom