The Who - Live at the Fillmore East 1968

spartanmanor

Lunatic Member
Anyone else excited about this new official release?

Live extended cuts from the "Sell Out" ...my personal favorite Who era..and a 33 minute "My Generation" extended freak out.

This was to be an official release back in the day but shelved for 50 years. Yes, a bootleg exists but the sound quality on this is supposed to be far superior and some of the tape that did not get out is being used.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/the-who-prep-live-at-the-fillmore-east-1968-album-w516907

Anyone else excited about this new official release?

Live extended cuts from the "Sell Out" ...my personal favorite Who era..and a 33 minute "My Generation" extended freak out.

This was to be an official release back in the day but shelved for 50 years. Yes, a bootleg exists but the sound quality on this is supposed to be far superior and some of the tape that did not get out is being used.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/the-who-prep-live-at-the-fillmore-east-1968-album-w516907

A "must have" musical artifact if ever there was such.

Actually, that is not all.
That pic of Daltry in the link is hilarious.

Yep, The Raj was still trying to find "his look", the "Teddy Boy" look that preceded this (late 50s hausfrau doo?) having been deemed a bit "retro" (read: Fifties Bikers and "street toughs"). Can't recall exactly when Raj hit upon the idea of letting his naturally curly golden locks go natural -- I think it was in '67 -- but when he did the look was born, complemented by a suede leather jackets w/ fringed sleeves (this the Woodstock appearance in 1969, the apotheosis of this look for The Raj)

Think I'll go later, to the last "real" The Who tour: Summer 1976, Miami Baseball Stadium.

Yep, The Raj was still trying to find "his look", the "Teddy Boy" look that preceded this (late 50s hausfrau doo?) having been deemed a bit "retro" (read: Fifties Bikers and "street toughs"). Can't recall exactly when Raj hit upon the idea of letting his naturally curly golden locks go natural -- I think it was in '67 -- but when he did the look was born, complemented by a suede leather jackets w/ fringed sleeves (this the Woodstock appearance in 1969, the apotheosis of this look for The Raj)
I was thinking about how the rest of them are looking at the camera, and he was looking at his willy!

He's in the running for one of the funniest guys to ever live, in my book.

Are you familiar w/ his radio programme "La Show", operating out of KCRW (on Sundays IIRC) in Santa Monica, CA? You might like it.

Now while I agree that Shearer is a hoot, he's not match for Canda's own Red Green, who devised some of the funniest skits this feller has ever viewed.

Are you familiar w/ his radio programme "La Show", operating out of KCRW (on Sundays IIRC) in Santa Monica, CA? You might like it.

Now while I agree that Shearer is a hoot, he's not match for Canda's own Red Green, who devised some of the funniest skits this feller has ever viewed.
You know, I don't think I know it. I'll look into it.

Shearer gets my vote for the Simpsons alone. Not 100% sure, but I think he did three of the voices in this bit. From what I've read he could do multiple voices in one take.

You know, I don't think I know it. I'll look into it.

Shearer gets my vote for the Simpsons alone. Not 100% sure, but I think he did three of the voices in this bit. From what I've read he could do multiple voices in one take.

A veritable Mel Blanc.

Back
Top Bottom