The "Wow that sounds really cool on my system" thread

ev13wt

Hey dudes of audio. The purpose of this thread is to share music that simply sounds "special" or "unique" on stereo systems.

The songs posted here shall not be simply songs you like, or well recorded songs, nor should they be "audiophile test tracks".

Style or genre of music is irrelevant. The further "out there" it is, the better!
Songs shared here should bring the listener to say: "Oh, now that is a cool effect!!"

I will listen to each song posted!

To get this thing started I will share the first song.

This song has a bassline that starts in sub territory and the vocals have a very amazing "spatiallity". The song starts out clean, then uses crossover distortion as a style element.

I interpret the song to be about love - but love is not always clean and lovely sounding.

ELP - Lucky Man, from DVD-A multichannel audio. Dunno that there is anything particularly surprising about it, just good sound and I think good use of the multichannel audio/surround capability.

I'm going to acquire this on CD or vinyl someday soon. The youtube takes the quality down naturally but you'll get the idea. After listening to it a few times over I knew I'd use it as a test track haha

Actually this is not audiophile approved. But with a set of JBL studio monitors and 300 WPC on tap, this song sounds far better than it has a right to. And it has a raw energy that is compelling. Takes a bit to get going, but the peak it moves to in the middle of the song is compelling and cannot be ignored. And probably should be listened at volumes meant to irritate the neighbors.

Regards
Mister Pig

You guys are awesome!!! Playlist for tonight is set! :)

Listening a bit here in the office. Artists and sounds I would never have "clicked" on!!! Very cool.

Actually this is not audiophile approved. But with a set of JBL studio monitors and 300 WPC on tap, this song sounds far better than it has a right to. And it has a raw energy that is compelling. Takes a bit to get going, but the peak it moves to in the middle of the song is compelling and cannot be ignored. And probably should be listened at volumes meant to irritate the neighbors.

Regards
Mister Pig

This is smoooooth. I like it!

This thread is explicitly NOT a "audiophile approved" thread. Interesting recording techniques and cool sounds can be found anywhere, in any quality level.

Back
Top Bottom