The Yamaha A-S2100

Discussion in 'New Gear - Values' started by iamjaymo, Feb 5, 2015.

1. RichTassoni

RichTassoni Member

I have a Yamaha AS 1000 ,bought it about 1 and a half years ago and I love it, even though it had to be sent to New York for warranty repair it was gone 4 weeks and works great. Bought it from Amazon, next time I'm going to a high Fi store in town. I'm really looking to upgrade to the Yamaha AS 2100 any one know how much of a difference there is between the two amps, I know the wattage are the same but the circuitry is much better? Looking for input from anyone.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
  2. Vegemite

Vegemite New Member

I can't speak for the as1000, I haven't heard it. With my as2100, now powering a set of dynaudio focus 260s - I think my weak link now is the source, blue sound node 2 using node dac, but as I have it at the moment there are constantly songs on tidal making my jaw drop. I am so happy with the sound and I cannot fault the amp. It only gets warm, never hot. An old Cambridge I used to own got very hot quickly by comparison.

3. RichTassoni

RichTassoni Member

I have a Yamaha AS 1000 and wanted to upgrade to the Yamaha AS 2100 so I purchased it 8 days ago from a very reptible HIFI store in town, he said it would take about 10 days to get here. Is 10 days normal for a delivery of an amplifier like this, I'm going to call them today to check on the status of it. I didn't want to order it online because of the issue I with the 1000 and having to send it off for warranty repair taking 5 weeks for repair. It dose work great but it got really frustrating with dealing with the online issue so that's why I went to the HIFI store in town.

4. dosley01

dosley01 Member

Seems about right, they just login to their distributor's site and order like we would do from an online retailer, it gets shipped to them and then sold to you. So figure 4-5 days for ground shipping UPS/FedEx, a day or to for ordering processing with a few days of leeway.

RichTassoni likes this.
  5. RichTassoni

RichTassoni Member

Yea when you're waiting something like this to get here and get it all hooked up and listen to I hate waiting.

6. RichTassoni

RichTassoni Member

Wow 3 weeks to get them, I ordered the Yamaha AS 2100 8 days ago the HIFI store in town said it should be about 10 days to get hear and I'm thinking that's to long. I'm going call them today to check on the status of it.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018 at 8:27 AM
  7. RichTassoni

RichTassoni Member

I'm waiting for my HIFI store in town to call me when my a s 2100 gets here, ordered it 8 days ago.

8. RichTassoni

RichTassoni Member

I only just got my new Yamaha 2100 yesterday and I played it 4 hours then 2 hours in the evening 3 hours today and barely more than warm and i mostly listen to it at 10 o clock 11 if I want to kick it up. I'm pushing 4 klipsh m 160 book shelf speakers.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018 at 3:08 PM
  9. RichTassoni

RichTassoni Member

Since you had your 2100 for awhile and I just got mine yesterday I have about 8 hours run time on it what would say is a good break in time for it?

10. RichTassoni

RichTassoni Member

It came in yesterday already have about 8 hours run time on it.

11. RichTassoni

RichTassoni Member

Got my 2100 in 8 days from my loco stereo HIFI store.