OK, we have
Francis
Gabe
Debbie/Mel?
Ted
Mike
Kent?
New Marantz 8, freshly restored, on the chopping block

Three mono setups here, with JBL C38, RCA 10" fullranger, and Heathkit bodied Altec Malibu powered by an Eico HF12a, and single Handmade Audio Western Electric 91A replicants.

Does anyone have a preference regarding the Marantz 8 slotting? We can put it upstairs with the IMFs, or in the kitchen on the Altec 19s.

Then again tubes with transmissionline speakers also sound nice.ive used my fairchilds with my radford s90 t/l speakers and it worked out well.

Thanks go out to Debbie, Kent, Dave, Gabe, Francis, Rich, Ted, and company for stopping in for a listen. We had a great time swapping through the various mono speakers, with Francis taking great delight in the JBL D130 bass, and Debbie extolling the smoothness of the Altec Malibu in the Heathkit AS101 lambs guise.

Debbie, Dave, Kent, and Francis are listening to the Altec, while in the kitchen...

Ted and Babe are mesmerized by the dulcet tones the Marantz 8 is producing on the Altec 19s. The 8 has just returned from a technical rebuild at NOSValves in Michigan, and Ted could not be more ecstatic. I am going to due a little shakedown cruise with it, and maybe clean up the top a little from years of hiding in a closet. Ted and Gabe are bending an ear here in the kitchen.

Francis, Kent, Rich, Debbie, Gabe, and Dave ponder the reality of how loud a JBL C38 gets with two watts of 300B power pushing it. They are also thankful it is not the Klipschorn doing the work.

Very nice gear, and it's great to have local listening sessions with other Aker's!

Back
Top Bottom