Thorens 125/ 160 vs Systemdek IIX

Bob Clay

Hey Ak

Looking for some wisdom and guidance on my voyage into belt drives. Just sold my Technics 1700 for a multitude of reasons. Great deck but time for a change. Looking to go belt drive and targeting a Thorens but a very reputable local dealer has a Sytemdek IIX with the Jelco arm + sumiko blue coil. Plug and play ready to go. She sounds sweet and is warranted. Listed at $750.

I have gone into full on paralysis by analysis between the Thorens 125 and the Systemdek. Iv seen a few a absolutely stunning 125’s for sale by esteemed members of Ak. Only thing I need to take into consideration with the 125 is the purchase of a nice cart which then propels me well past $1k which is out of budget.

Anyway I’m not sure if I’m looking for a resounding “go for the thorens!” Or “go systemdek” but just maybe a little insite into these respective models by current or previous owners is much appreciated.

Thx
Bob

I've had all those considered and the 125 stands above them all with the Systemdek being more like the TD160 than the TD 125. The 125 is a much more substantial deck with speed control. Worth the extra $ in my book.

Back
Top Bottom