Thumbs up to CenturyLink, Never thought I would say this

transmaster

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I have to give a big thumbs up to CenturyLink's customer service. My DSL connection was awful, unstable very slow and they fixed it. I have to say up front the 12mbps connection I get from Centurylink is not very good if compared to local cable. However the local cable company, Charter Communications, is crappy in almost every way, problems with billing, poor customer support, call them on the phone and they act like they are doing you a favor answering the phone, etc When I called Centurylink the lady was very apologetic that the tech could not get their for a couple of hours,!!! Charter Communications it is whenever they get there, The tech who came started in Cheyenne with US West, then Qwest and now Centurylink for a total of 39 years he looked and my ancient copper and could see there was a problem. Sure wish I had that Fluke service monitor, He gave me a new modem out of his truck which is the latest and greatest Centurylink has the Zyxel C1100Z which is a $139 dollar modem which on Amazon that has good customer reviews. He returned today and provisioned me with a new port I now have a stable 24ms ping, and a stable 11.87mbps connection, I an paying for a 12mbps connection the fastest I can get. This is fast enough for a solid Netflix connection. The Tech told me Centurylink is upgrading Cheyenne with Fiber optics and better then 50mbps connections but he just doesn't know when they will get to my area of Cheyenne. I am happy for now.

This past January. I went Centurylink fiber optics and it blows the dsl away. So much better. No slowing with multiple streams going. Overall I've been happy with their service. First dsl. Now fiber.

transmaster; you had 5992 posts on a crappy connection. Now, you'll be able to hit 10,000 in another week...!!! :biggrin: Maybe I'll check to see if CenturyLink is available in my area??? :idea:

Back
Top Bottom