Timeless on NBC

I enjoyed the show and will most likely watch it again. I thought the production value was excellent.

I generally liked the show and will watch again, but thought there was a litte too much emphasis on the action and not enough on character development. The characters just seemed to be thrown into the time travel situation, with little explanation of why, other than they have to chase Goran Visnjic's character around. Hopefully, more backstory will be done as the show progresses, assuming it isn't cancelled before end of the season. So many shows now are not given any time to build up an audience.

My wife watched it with me and wondered why they didn't show an alternate version of the Hindenburg crash FIRST,
then have the travelers affect it so it occurred they way we now remember it ...
That would be a more powerful way to show it ...

My wife watched it with me and wondered why they didn't show an alternate version of the Hindenburg crash FIRST,
then have the travelers affect it so it occurred they way we now remember it ...
That would be a more powerful way to show it ...

You have a point and that would have made it more dramatic for this episode, but I suspect they wanted to change the timeline to have future episodes make sense. If you remember, they had various now-famous people on the Hindenburgh when it exploded. Some of them, at least, must have been killed or severely injured. They wouldn't have been on the Hindenburgh if it exploded on landing, as we know it.

The characters just seemed to be thrown into the time travel situation, with little explanation of why, other than they have to chase Goran Visnjic's character around. Hopefully, more backstory will be done as the show progresses, assuming it isn't cancelled before end of the season. So many shows now are not given any time to build up an audience.

It seems like they are doing it on purpose with plans to have a lot of mysterious things to their back stories. The hints like Goran telling her to question why they picked her and ask about that other thing and the notebook he has being in her handwriting. Hopefully it won't put people off before it gets a chance to develop but I did actually appreciate not having a 2 hour premier that went into every detail of their lives. It leaves more to discover as the episodes go.

You have a point and that would have made it more dramatic for this episode, but I suspect they wanted to change the timeline to have future episodes make sense. If you remember, they had various now-famous people on the Hindenburgh when it exploded. Some of them, at least, must have been killed or severely injured. They wouldn't have been on the Hindenburgh if it exploded on landing, as we know it.

I originally thought that they would repeatedly thwart the time changes to keep the ongoing story simpler but they set it up for an infinite number of things that can already be different in the present. They barely scratched the surface of what actually changed in the present but the whole world could be different and all she knows is that she has no sister and her Mom is healthy and she's engaged to someone.
She went right from the lab to home and then is heading right back to the lab without any more exposure to the outside world.
36 people survived that shouldn't have and uncounted ones died that should not have. Plus the ripple effect of the 62 people that originally survived the crash and their families not dealing with the trauma and the families of any that survived the new crash having to deal with the trauma and and the families of the ones that are now dead. There would be thousands of lives that went off course and could have any imaginable long term consequences beyond the famous people that are now dead.

Last edited:
Sure - but who was on the incoming Hindenburg that died,
and might have been someone of influence, but we'll never know in our timeline?
I 'spose its ambitious to try something like that in a 1 hr US commercial show.
I mean seriously, not Sliders, or Legends of Tomorrow, Or Doctor Hoot, etc ...

Last edited:
I'm hoping they come back around to it in future episodes and address what some of the people would have done as she discovers things that are changed

Watched the new WB show Frequency tonight (recorded Thurs on the TIVO) .
Somewhat like the Dennis Quaid movie from 2000, where a son talks to his father across time over an old ham radio ...
but with the TV show, its a daughter in 2016 talking to her father in 1996 ... its got potential.
After she saves him from being gunned down by criminals, her present has changed from her memories ...
Might be better than Timeless cops ...

Just watched Frequency tonight . Enjoyed it. Will watch the show and see how it turns out.

I've been DVR'ing Timeless since the first episode, but hadn't watched past the third episode until earlier this week. I binge-watched a number of episodes up to Jesse James and am impressed. The show has improved considerably since the early episodes - better plots, more interesting historical figures, and more development of the recurring characters. If you haven't watched since the early episodes, give it another try - it's much better, IMHO.

I've been DVR'ing Timeless since the first episode, but hadn't watched past the third episode until earlier this week. I binge-watched a number of episodes up to Jesse James and am impressed. The show has improved considerably since the early episodes - better plots, more interesting historical figures, and more development of the recurring characters. If you haven't watched since the early episodes, give it another try - it's much better, IMHO.

We have been TIVOing them since the RattPack/Vegas episode - probably time to give them another chance ...
I think Frequency wore us out - got the last 3 or 4 in the can.
Seemed like too much conspiracy, not enough "meat" to keep the plot moving in a reasonable fashion ...

I'm really enjoying this show, time travel is a favorite theme of mine so it fits right in.

I like the fact that they aren't always completely successful in keeping history intact, or they change something slightly but it works out the same anyhow.

I really liked the last episode where they went back to 1983, nothing of great historical impact, just a personal quest by Wyatt to set something right.

I've seen a couple and enjoyed them. I've been especially impressed with Malcolm Barrett. Quite the change from Lem in Better Off Ted. The man is versatile.

I enjoy the detail that they go into for costumes/music and all that goes with the time period they go into. For example, the last episode lingered over the performance while she was doing her thing on the stage.

Plot moves along well, but the last show kinda sputtered at the end.IMO.

Q

I was happy to hear that they reconsidered after it was canceled last season and were bringing it back but I don't think it will have much hope since they are waiting until March for the second season and it is airing at 10:00.
It seems like they are just pretending to save it. Most people that weren't really into it will have forgotten it by then and why run it that late? When so many shows that air at 8 or 9 are full of sex, drugs and graphic violence this one would actually be a decent family show. It even has some topics that would make for good discussions.

They could have cut a deal with Netflix and ran the first season on there a couple months before it came back on TV so people that weren't familiar with the show would have a chance to know what was going on.

Did anyone catch the season premier on Sunday?

I thought it was quite good and they setup future story lines pretty well with it.

Given that it aired at 10:00 on a Sunday I'm not sure that many people saw it though.

I was happy to hear that they reconsidered after it was canceled last season and were bringing it back but I don't think it will have much hope since they are waiting until March for the second season and it is airing at 10:00.
It seems like they are just pretending to save it. Most people that weren't really into it will have forgotten it by then and why run it that late? When so many shows that air at 8 or 9 are full of sex, drugs and graphic violence this one would actually be a decent family show.

What show(s) have one or more of these attributes? I did not think that was possible with reality and talent shows. :D

Back
Top Bottom