"Tip of the Weisberg"

bassnbrim

How many of ya'll have heard or own a copy of Tim Weisberg's "Tip of the Weisberg"? Its a dbx encoded direct-to-disc Nautilus Superdisc. Its probably the best recording I've ever heard. I don't understand why it never made to cd. Any ideas?

You have a dbx encoded version of this LP ?

I found my standard one a so-so sounding early digital effort that tried to push all the audiophile buttons by using the then-new Soundstream digital recording system and by direct cutting the disc.

The sound quality was unexceptional, very digital sounding with a splashy top end and unnatural sounding.

The reason why it never made it to CD was probably because the Naultilus series of audiophile releases were generally poorly received by critics and buyers.

Their remasters (I had a copy of Fleetwood Mac's Rumours) were horrid sounding affairs, all worse than the originals.

:(

There are much better sounding records out there.
What sort of music do you like ?

Perhaps I can recommend some LP's that will really blow your socks off...

:)

cheerio

Last edited:
BnB, Funny, I just saw this LP the other day in the audiophile section of a used record store. I saw that it was digitized and shied away from it having heard bad reviews of other digitized LPs.

Mike, I'll take some recommendations of blow-your-socks-off LPs.

Hi Jozmo;

Here you go, all good, honest standard pressings, no cheating with audiophile stuff that sounds great on anything...

In my collection these are mainly NZ/Australian pressings, it's almost a certainty US pressings will sound even better. Plus none are really rare so should be easy to obtain cheaply.

:cool:

ABC...The Lexicon of Love

David Bowie...Let's Dance

Dire Straits...Love Over Gold

Eagles..Desperado

Eurythmics...Touch

Nanci Griffith...Storms

Emmy Lou Harris...Wrecking Ball

John Hiatt...Slow Turning

INXS...X

Rickie Lee Jones

Madonna...The Immaculate Collection (in Q sound)

Joni Mitchell...Wild Things Run Fast

Van Morrison...Moondance

The All-Time Greatest Hits of Roy Orbison

Police...Syncronicity

Cat Stevens...Tea For The Tillerman

Rough Trade...For Those Who Think Young

Roxy Music...Avalon

Jennifer Warnes..Famous Blue Raincoat

XTC...English Settlement (2LP UK edition)

cheerio

Back
Top Bottom