Tips and tricks to make the most of your AK experience

O.K., This is a very informative thread and so far it all makes great sense. It is very much like a forum I am a member of elsewhere and yes it is good to: try and not waste people's time with excess, read ahead and be informed as to what as gone before when posting etc. So please if I have missed something, I apologize in advance but I do not have a clue as to how to post an avatar image. I sat like a zombie the other day when I first logged in and saw how to upload pics but NOWHERE so far have I seen anything about how to put a picture to my name on my posts. I thought it was a subscriber thing until I noticed King Ludd with no subscription tag -or maybe AK just sticks an image on your name and King Ludd got stuck with the typewriting monkey.
The answer to this question could be quite helpful IMO.:scratch2: ...so I figured out how to attach a file in the advanced menu, but how I do I get a pic to just stick with my posts? ... It probably has to be linked to an image on a server somewhere, that is how it was done elsewhere and I never did use that feature because I just didn't get it when I joined and learned to live without, I forgot about all that. Maybe just upload to a free pic hosting site then use 'insert image' in the advanced menu, but does that make it stay??:drool:

Attachments

• head.jpg
    head.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 13
Make sure you are logged in.
Hover over your username (very near the top of screen on the right)
From the 'drop down pane' revealed - select/click on 'avatar'.
Click on the radio button to select "Use a custom avatar"
You will see that you can select an avatar image by clicking on 'Choose file' or 'Browse'
Navigate to the location of the image on your PC, click on 'open' DONE !
Click on 'Okay' to save the changes.

You'll soon get the hang of it :)

Last edited:
A note to add to Hyperion's instructions...if the image is over the size limit, the site will basically ignore you, or at least it will seem that way. If you try to upload an image as an avatar and nothing happens, check the size on it. If it's bigger than specified (150x150 pixels, IIRC) then shrink it down and try again.

Hi Guys, I have followed the interesting posts on restorations for about a year. But I am new to posting and did my first three days ago. Look forward to exchanging ideas with many new friends and learn in the process. Btw, my posting was about a Kenwood Amp KA 501. Cheers

I have had trouble using the search feature with my Samsung Galaxy tablet. I tap on the search button, it comes up momentarily. My keyboard displays for a moment and then its gone. Is this a problem with other tablets, or perhaps Verizon?

First time post

Looking forward to great discussion regarding audio gear. I have monitored a few threads and the knowledge and friendliness of the participants is really amazing. My current set up consists of a Marantz 2220, which I am proud to say I am the original owner, a Dennon DP 47F turntable (found at a garage sale), and a pair of Pioneer CS-66's (traded a set of Marantz 4G's for). Sitting home today in 11 F weather spinning Derek & the Dominos, In Concert, enjoying one of the truly simple joys of life!

I am new and really like quite a lot on the threads. I am overwhelmed by the information and a bit intimidated by all the knowledge. Your system sounds like it does the job nicely.

Good morning to all my fellow audiophiles from new orleans LA.my collection,Marantz 2220sb1, that drives my dynaco Mk.4s telefunken opus 5550mx,nordmende 3004c,klipsch 76 k horns,sb1,sb2,LSI splits,sansui 881,does a browning mk3 count?

Good morning to all my fellow audiophiles from new orleans LA.my collection,Marantz 2220sb1, that drives my dynaco Mk.4s telefunken opus 5550mx,nordmende 3004c,klipsch 76 k horns,sb1,sb2,LSI splits,sansui 881,does a browning mk3 count?

death is not the greatest loss in life
the greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live.

One thing which I find rude is to derail the topic being spoken about.
IN other words stick to the topic being discussed.

And "Thank You" for this great thread--Ray W.

James

Yes, and yes, thanks for a great thread.

If there is some interesting point to be made that is a little off topic, just be sure to reel it in once you're done. I love when threads bloom into other topics, but do try and bring it back around for the sake of the thread.

And please, civility is free. Use it at every opportunity, and try to have a good time. This isn't a contest, it is a hobby.

Good stuff. I look forward to contributing and receiving! John

Looking forward to great discussion regarding audio gear. I have monitored a few threads and the knowledge and friendliness of the participants is really amazing. My current set up consists of a Marantz 2220, which I am proud to say I am the original owner, a Dennon DP 47F turntable (found at a garage sale), and a pair of Pioneer CS-66's (traded a set of Marantz 4G's for). Sitting home today in 11 F weather spinning Derek & the Dominos, In Concert, enjoying one of the truly simple joys of life!

I am new and really like quite a lot on the threads. I am overwhelmed by the information and a bit intimidated by all the knowledge. Your system sounds like it does the job nicely.

Thank You for the invitation. I have already found sources of advice.

Wow, all this new blood! Welcome to AK!

Is there a way to reset the "last visited" time?

What is happening is that one logs in but the server is slow or otherwise semi functional to the point that it is necessary to simply give up and try later. However, the "last visited" time gets updated so the postings that would have been highlighted will not be on the next visit.

newbee

Howdy to all... I just started pulling out some of my old stereo stuff from the 1970-1980s...Pulled out some old vinyl and played them.. I am hooked again.
looking forward to getting some wisdom as I resurrect and modify the gear from the past!!
thanks for having me!!

Back
Top Bottom