today's AMBIENT selection

Asked Alexa to play an album. She picked a 'Hearts of Space" playlist with assorted artists, Its some sort of Best of compulation Vol. 3 is all I heard.

So far playing nice selections. Something about escaping on a "Flying Carpet" is playing now.

Tom Heasley.jpg

Tom Heasley - On the Sensations of Tone

Ambient tuba, dare I say, up there with Brian Eno's Ambient 4 - On Land. Brooding and mysterious.

Tangerine Dream - Rubycon
index.php

Various Artists - Chillout Moods (CD 6)

V A - Chillout Moods (CD 6).JPG
Source: HP dc7600 Small Form Factor PC
Player: Winamp 2.95 with 250+ band Equalizer v1.62 for Winamp by Nevi
DAC: Audioquest DragonFly v1.2
Preamplifier: B&K Components, Ltd. PT5
Amplifier: B&K Components, Ltd. ST125.2
Speakers: KLH 9250B

In the ambient/world music genre you might try New Zealand artist David Parsons. His two disc set 'Yatra' is a good starting point.

51KiHong6dL.jpg

I actually have ZERO exposure to Steve Roach. Could you recommend me a CD as a starting point?

The radio show here in Kansas City called 'Night Tides' introduced me to him. Honestly, if you like long form ambient tunes just about any of his CD's or Mp3's for that matter are good. If you have Amazon Prime there is probably 250 songs on there for free. Mostly older 80's and 90's stuff but still quite a nice selection. Strata is a good CD. I can recommend 'Invisible" if you like your ambient with a dark side. My Steve Roach playlist on Amazon for all devices is about 150 songs and it will play for about 30 hours before quitting. :music:

Back
Top Bottom