Today's Australian - NZ playlist

Sansui77

Khosaku Kikuchi's Grandson
Would love to know AK (members) around the world if they play any Australian - NZ music on their systems??

We've had some fantastic bands from the 60's, through to today's current music.

Last edited:
Yes I do but I'm a local. :) There's quite a bit that pops up now and again.

Interesting observation, hardly anyone on forum Stateside has heard of Powderfinger! I did a search and there's a mention in 2005 and not another one for 11 years.

There again, most Aussies couldn't name a Rush tune.

I listen to heaps of Australian music, but that's not surprising, being Australian. :)

Back in the 80s it was:
Midnight Oil
Hoodoo Gurus
Cold Chisel
INXS
Men at Work
Mondo Rock
Icehouse
Skyhooks

and I still listen to them.

Never was a Split Enz/Crowded House fan- the Finn brothers really s#$t me. Haha.

I love some of our Jazz greats too:

Tommy Emmanuel (guitar)
Grace Knight (former Eurogliders vocals- better jazz standard singer)
James Morrison
etc

Same as a few of the posts.
I'm a local Aussie and l have probably 800 to 1000 individual Aussie artists on Lp and quite a few more if l count the singles

I'm a Brit, living in NZ, who was listening to INXS earlier today. How's that for a cultural mix ??? '-)

Australian Surf Rock - The Atlantics' Greatest Hits CD, currently playing Tequila, and up soon - Bombora. Thinking of summertime, so its a surf night.
BTW, this one was imported from OZ.
index.php

Attachments

• Atlantics.png
    Atlantics.png
    513.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Hell yea, big Down Under Fan>

Bee Gees (yep, got there start in Australia)
The Church
The Lime Spiders
Waves-NZ band from the 70s
The Someloves
Dom Mariani
DM3
Men At Work
The Models
The Machinations
Crowded House
The Finn Brothers
The Go-Betweens
AC-DC
Split Enz
Icehouse
Jo Jo Zep & The Falcons

To name some..

Last edited:
The Saints, Midnight Oil, and Hoodoo Gurus get regular time on my turntable here in Louisiana.

I also listen to AC/DC and INXS every now and then.

In memorium:

AC/DC

Hammersmith Odeon
London, England
16 October 1982

Goodbye, dear Malcolm.

I’m an Aussie living in Texas and still listen to a lot of Aus and Kiwi music, can be a little slow getting new releases, but usually Amazon is your friend in those circumstances, some of those artists are:

Paul Kelly - he just played a gig in Dallas, which I heard about the day after, not happy
The Waifs
Jimmy Barnes
Neil Finn
Kasey Chambers
The Audries
Tex Perkins, The Cruels Sea, The Beasts of Bourbon (which is possibly the best band name ever!)
AC/DC

Masters Apprentice is a band I dug back in the day. Their self titled album along with A Toast to Panama Red are excellent. These two recordings were way ahead of their times.

Back
Top Bottom