Today's Bluegrass Playlist

Peter Rowen Bluegrass Band playing Midnight Moonlight with extended fiddle soul by Blain Sprouse.

Bootleg recording i made at the CBA Bluesgrass festival on Thursday.

Seldom Scene/ Act One
Seldom Scene/ Act 3
The Country Gentlemen
Jimmy Martin/Sunny Side of The Mountain
Jimmy Martin/You Don't Know My Mind
Jimmy Martin/Widow Maker
The Osborne Brothers/My Favorite Memory

Sam Bush - Howlin' at the Moon [Sugarhill]

s4dUT7z.jpg

61BJZFRN4DL.jpg

Three Ring Circle -- CD

Three Ring Circle

2006 Earwave Records

About the Artist
Rob Ickes is an 8-time Dobro Player of the Year, and leads acclaimed bluegrass band Blue Highway.

Andy Leftwich is a member of multiple Grammy Award winning Ricky Skaggs and Kentucky Thunder.

Dave Pomeroy has played on over 500 albums, including Grammy winning recordings with Emmylou Harris and Earl Scruggs, and was Nashville's 1997 "Bassist Of The Year".

Product Description
Three Ring Circle has taken the acoustic music world by storm with the release of their debut CD. Rob Ickes (leader of acclaimed Blue Highway), Andy Leftwich (member of Ricky Skaggs' Kentucky Thunder) and Dave Pomeroy (renowned Nashville session man) are individually renowned as innovative players with ''who's who'' resumes, but as Three Ring Circle, they are taking it up another notch by creating high energy, melodic instrumental music with broad appeal. The CD features 7 originals and songs by Stevie Wonder, Jeff Beck, and Birelli Legrene, and has garnered rave reviews in publications like No Depression, Frets and USA Today, and airplay on Bluegrass, Jazz and Public Radio stations. Their intense live shows have already achieved legendary status, and this dobro, mandolin, and bass supergroup will be playing concerts and festivals throughout 2007 in support of this CD.

Track Listings
1. You Know What I Mean
2. Made In France
3. Sargasso
4. Isn't She Lovely
5. Old Age
6. Thompson's Camp/Oscar's Dream
7. In The Morning
8. Moon Over San Bernadino
9. Granola Man
10. Haywire

5724750_zpsd8d557b7.jpg

O Mickey, Where Art Thou? -- CD

The Voices of Bluegrass

2003 Walt Disney Records

It's not what you're thinking: No Mickey squeaking out Ralph Stanley songs, no picking and grinning Goofy, no banjo-wielding Pluto woofing mountain music. Instead, O Mickey assembles a first-rate cast of country players for a down-home roundup of Disney covers, from Collin Raye's "Circle of Life" to Ronnie Milsap's "When You Wish Upon a Star" to Stonewall Jackson's warm "The Bare Necessities." It works, based not only on performances by the better-known artists (Charlie Louvin included), but also a couple of bona fide instrumental boot-stompers--"Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" gets the dueling fiddles treatment, and "The Mickey Mouse Club March" medley lock-steps it to mandolin and Dobro. Directing bluebirds squarely to shoulders is Elizabeth Cook's breezy "Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah," but if there's a shortcoming here it's the blurring of country and bluegrass, a muddling of styles apt to get any self-respecting Soggy Bottom Boy's britches in a twist. --Tammy La Gorce

1. Circle Of Life - Collin Raye
2. Zip A Dee Doo Dah - Elizabeth Cook
3. You'll Be In My Heart - Kevin Montgomery
4. Baby Mine - Caroline Brown
5. Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious (Instrumental) - O Mickey, Where Art Thou?
6. Bare Necessities - Stonewall Jackson
7. When Somebody Loved Me - Sonya Isaacs
8. You've Got A Friend In Me - Amanda Martin
9. Mickey Mouse Medley (Instrumental) - O Mickey, Where Art Thou?
10. When I See An Elephant Fly - Robbie Fulks
11. I Will Go Sailing No More - Charlie Louvin
12. When You Wish Upon A Star - Ronnie Milsap

Old Crow Medicine Show ‎– Remedy [ATO]

Caught these guys at the Orpheum, Vancouver last night. What a show! Wow, they can entertain and sing/play their socks off too. One of the best live performances I've seen.

b886oQP.jpg

evTgYt.jpg

TALES FROM THE ACOUSTIC PLANET
Béla Fleck

Warner Bros.

Good album. I've seen Bela & the FTs a couple of times, and they put on a great show. Some of their recorded music gets a little unwieldy, but with just the live quartet they're more focussed.

Good album. I've seen Bela & the FTs a couple of times, and they put on a great show. Some of their recorded music gets a little unwieldy, but with just the live quartet they're more focussed.

Béla does suffer from 'Pat Metheny Syndrome' a bit.

I can't think of anything I would rather hear right now.

Joe Val And The New England Bluegrass Boys ‎– Cold Wind [Rounder]

fhwRl1Y.jpg

Proof that Bluegrass can cure anything.

Then I will go play some Bluegrass. On Dec. 10 I had my L5-S1 disk removed and the vertebra fused. There was great pain. Now at home I have a lot of drugs that don't help and I walk around like a 98 year old man.

Let's try Bluegrass.

Back
Top Bottom