Today's Bluegrass Playlist

Then I will go play some Bluegrass. On Dec. 10 I had my L5-S1 disk removed and the vertebra fused. There was great pain. Now at home I have a lot of drugs that don't help and I walk around like a 98 year old man.

Let's try Bluegrass.

Hang in there, G. Things usually get better. OTOH, I live with chronic back pain, and still won't have surgery (again).

This is the second surgery in 3 years (same Neurosurgeon). Four disks removed and now I have more metal in me than an Empire tone arm.

Last edited:
The Kentucky Colonels / Long Journey Home

"Doc Watson joins Clarence White for six intricate guitar duets (including White's arrangement of "Soldier's Joy" and Watson's chart of "Lonesome Road Blues")."

MI0002088739.jpg

It cracks me up that there's a bluegrass label named Sugar Hill. So hiphop.
It's a top label though.

Jerry Douglas, Russ Barenberg & Edgar Meyer ‎– Skip, Hop & Wobble [Sugar Hill]

aZ5y9Au.jpg

517eTHLdjBL.jpg

Great version of Jackson Browne's These Days on the end of this one. I think this might be the first time I've listened to my vinyl copy of this record. My dad played this relentlessly when I was a child.

Double dipped on The New Grass Revival

41J-eQDU1CL.jpg

This is one of my test LPs. It's AWWWWW-mazing.

not all bluegrass but...

61MsOB%2By6aL.jpg

First song out of the gate is my favorite thing that Johnny Cash ever did.

My LP copy is practically perfect, makes this one even better. I grew up listening to a cassette copy that my dad made. I can still remember riding around in his 74' Ford F250 listening to this over and over.

Rose Maddox Sings Bluegrass

Review by Dan Cooper

Of the many fine (and now rare) LPs she cut for Capitol, this humdinger is the best one to break your neck trying to find. On this bluegrass sung with honky tonk fire, sparks do fly. ~ Rovi
IMG_20150215_160342.jpg

Back
Top Bottom